Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long have you been ttc?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:36 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this
With my first we we're ttc for about 5 years, no medical help and after our dog had her pups I found out I was pregnant. She will be 2 next month. We are now ttc for number 2. We have been ttc since April of 2017, hoping it doesn't take as long as it did for my baby girl.

How long were you ttc for your babies, of if your fist time how long have you been trying.
by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hurst0three
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:57 PM
We are ttc'ing our 6th and Last baby. 1st took us 1 yr, 2nd 4 yrs, 3rd 9 months, 4th, 8 months, 5th 1 yr. We started in Oct 2017 this time. Going on month 5.
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:59 PM
With my first we weren’t trying. We had tried when I was 18 (what was I thinking?!) for 3 months with no luck and then I switched to party girl mode and was not being careful *sigh* I found out I was pregnant 2 months before my 20th birthday.

My second, we waited to try until after our wedding. We stopped using protection is September 06 and found out I was pregnant December 13th of 2006.

My third literally took a little less than 4 weeks. I remember it being somewhere around August 15 2010. I was waiting for my friends wedding to be over (sept 11) but the fever hit hard and I figured I wouldn’t get pregnant so quickly. I took a test sept 9th and it was a faint positive. I had so many people wondering why I wasn’t taking advantage of the open bar that following weekend ;)

My 4th we were not trying, not preventing and again it happened very quickly. I swear we had sex one time towards the end of June and found out I was pregnant July 19th.

Now, it’s been almost 18 months. I never imagined if we decided to have #5 that is would take long given my history, but here we are. Been to the doctor a couple times, been diagnosed, and have the option of medicated monitored cycles, but dh isn’t on board with that yet. Fortunately, the last 2 cycles I’ve actually gotten positive opk where I was not getting those any other time since we’ve started.
huntersmoma21
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:06 PM
For first ds I got off the pill beginning of Feb, I was only 21 : ( and had a positive test by mid march, the next ds got off the pill in October, had the worst af of my life (thought I was dying in November) tested positive beginning of December. Wondering if I was pg with twins and maybe lost one? Then the third ds had Mirena removed in July and was pregnant exactly one month later. This time we are on cycle 7 : (
want2bmommy86
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:25 PM
We're you on here about 4 years or so ago? I remember your username from when I was on here before.

Baby dust your way

Quoting hurst0three: We are ttc'ing our 6th and Last baby. 1st took us 1 yr, 2nd 4 yrs, 3rd 9 months, 4th, 8 months, 5th 1 yr. We started in Oct 2017 this time. Going on month 5.
want2bmommy86
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:28 PM
The waiting is the worst. I stopped taking the pill the beginning of April and so far nothing. Wishing this time would have been easier for us

Fingers crossed for you that it happens soon

Quoting huntersmoma21: For first ds I got off the pill beginning of Feb, I was only 21 : ( and had a positive test by mid march, the next ds got off the pill in October, had the worst af of my life (thought I was dying in November) tested positive beginning of December. Wondering if I was pg with twins and maybe lost one? Then the third ds had Mirena removed in July and was pregnant exactly one month later. This time we are on cycle 7 : (
want2bmommy86
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:34 PM
That's so weird how a person can go to having no troubles to having troubles getting pregnant. I'm sorry 🙁 I hope it happens for you soon. My mom had trouble getting pregnant with me and then no trouble getting preggo with my 4 siblings. We are all close in age too. My sister is 10 months younger than me, them brother 2 years younger than that sister, next sister is a week shy of being exactly a year onger than brother and next brother is 11 months younger than 2nd sister. So we go
Me: 31
Sis 1: is 30
Bro1: 28
Sis2: 27
Bro2: 26

Wish it would have been that simple for me lol

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2: With my first we weren’t trying. We had tried when I was 18 (what was I thinking?!) for 3 months with no luck and then I switched to party girl mode and was not being careful *sigh* I found out I was pregnant 2 months before my 20th birthday.

My second, we waited to try until after our wedding. We stopped using protection is September 06 and found out I was pregnant December 13th of 2006.

My third literally took a little less than 4 weeks. I remember it being somewhere around August 15 2010. I was waiting for my friends wedding to be over (sept 11) but the fever hit hard and I figured I wouldn’t get pregnant so quickly. I took a test sept 9th and it was a faint positive. I had so many people wondering why I wasn’t taking advantage of the open bar that following weekend ;)

My 4th we were not trying, not preventing and again it happened very quickly. I swear we had sex one time towards the end of June and found out I was pregnant July 19th.

Now, it’s been almost 18 months. I never imagined if we decided to have #5 that is would take long given my history, but here we are. Been to the doctor a couple times, been diagnosed, and have the option of medicated monitored cycles, but dh isn’t on board with that yet. Fortunately, the last 2 cycles I’ve actually gotten positive opk where I was not getting those any other time since we’ve started.
huntersmoma21
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 8:01 PM
You paved the way 😊 Cleared it all out for the rest.

Quoting want2bmommy86: That's so weird how a person can go to having no troubles to having troubles getting pregnant. I'm sorry 🙁 I hope it happens for you soon. My mom had trouble getting pregnant with me and then no trouble getting preggo with my 4 siblings. We are all close in age too. My sister is 10 months younger than me, them brother 2 years younger than that sister, next sister is a week shy of being exactly a year onger than brother and next brother is 11 months younger than 2nd sister. So we go

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2: With my first we weren’t trying. We had tried when I was 18 (what was I thinking?!) for 3 months with no luck and then I switched to party girl mode and was not being careful *sigh* I found out I was pregnant 2 months before my 20th birthday.

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Jan. 15, 2018 at 8:02 PM
Thank you, you too!! My boss had a really hard time getting pregnant with her first. It took her 11 years, then she went on to have 2 more easily. So weird how the body does things sometimes!

Quoting want2bmommy86: That's so weird how a person can go to having no troubles to having troubles getting pregnant. I'm sorry 🙁 I hope it happens for you soon. My mom had trouble getting pregnant with me and then no trouble getting preggo with my 4 siblings. We are all close in age too. My sister is 10 months younger than me, them brother 2 years younger than that sister, next sister is a week shy of being exactly a year onger than brother and next brother is 11 months younger than 2nd sister. So we go

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 8:04 PM

We conceived our first no problem. Got pregnant the first month trying. Our second ended up taking us 7 years. We started trying again when she was 1 years old. She just turned 5 years old. So we are going on 4 years now. 

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 8:53 PM

My first took 3 yrs, but I was young, had no clue about my body, or TTC at all really. Cafemom wasn't around back then to help either LOL #2 I did fertility drugs for almost 2 yrs. Took a break for awhile and at the 2 1/2 yr mark I got a surprise BFP. I took the test to begin back on my fertility drugs.  I ovulaed on CD like 180 LOL. #3 took just over a year with herbal fertility supplements. #4 I did 6 months of fertility drugs with no luck. After just over 2 1/2 yrs I conceived on herbal fertility supplements. #5  I conceived after just over a year on herbal fertility supplements. We sorta tried for a year before getting active for the past 1 1/2 yrs so far for number 6. So 2 1/2 yr totals, but there is no sign of my body cooperating so I have no clue how long it will take. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)