Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It’s time!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 8:09 AM
  • 5 Replies
We decided to stop using both control. I have never actually planned a pregnancy before. I want it to happen like yesterday lol. My husband told me he was ready now. We’re married 2 years. He just turned 28 last month. I’m turning 31 this spring, I have a 6 year old son from a previous relationship. My baby fever is now in full force, I almost can’t stand it!

My cycles are extra long. They average 35 days. Any advice on the best fertility tracker apps? Ovulation kits? This is all so new to me.

How long did it take you to get pregnant once you stopped preventing?
by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wiccanlove92
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:25 AM
The cycle I got my bfp I was using both digital OPKs and cheap internet test strips to compare. The strip tests turned positive long before the digital tests which makes me question the accuracy of the digital tests since I had been trying for 18 months and just wasn’t conceiving using the digital tests. As for apps I like fertility friend if you’re temping, Ovia if you’re not. Good luck
want2bmommy86
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:43 AM
I've been using equate opks and ovia app for my second time ttc. With my first it took us 5 years to get pregnant with temping, opks, vitamins and what not, we are currently on month 10 for ttc the second.
lyzzefrago
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 10:35 AM

The two pregnancies I ttc for I went off birth control in Febuary and started ttc in May (used condoms between those times, it's a complicated story but I wanted to make sure I was fertile by end of April) then I got pregnant first try but it was a chemical that ended at only 10 or 11dpo, then it took another 4 months of trying to get pregnant with my little miracle girls.

Mommy052012
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 3:07 PM
Took us 5 months to become pregnant ( currently 17 weeks now) but the cycle we got pregnant i used the first response ovulation test and all the months before we used our $200 monitor. I say go with the cheaper options and not the monitors lol.
MeganSB
by Megan on Jan. 23, 2018 at 9:37 AM
I used opks for a couple years. I moved on to the ava fertility tracking monitor and I Love it! It's really narrowed down ovulation and I can confirm ovulation with the accurate temps. Still no bfp for me. Is been several years. But I'm taking vitex which helps regulate your cycle, evening primerose for cm and a prenatal vitamin.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)