Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone trying for a specific gender?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 6:34 AM
  • 18 Replies
Hey all!
I am trying for a girl and reading up on ALL the old wives tales. Any advice?
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovin_mybaby5
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

In the beginning I liked the thought of another boy but 4 years into ttcing I really don't care lol I just want a kid

ILFWY6
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:39 AM
Lol, yes, good point.

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

In the beginning I liked the thought of another boy but 4 years into ttcing I really don't care lol I just want a kid

huntersmoma21
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
We started really wanting a girl and I read soooo much about swaying for a girl. After the 2nd month of no baby we gave that up. The only thing we still do is I limit my potassium intake from af-O and we use a lot of rose and lavender oil during fertile week. I think that’s really it.
ILFWY6
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:39 AM
Oh cool! DH loves lavender, I'll have to get some oil.

Quoting huntersmoma21: We started really wanting a girl and I read soooo much about swaying for a girl. After the 2nd month of no baby we gave that up. The only thing we still do is I limit my potassium intake from af-O and we use a lot of rose and lavender oil during fertile week. I think that’s really it.
Swan77
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
In the beginning I really wanted a girl and would try for one. Now after 4years of ttc I don't care what the gender is. Sounds cliche but just want a healthy baby
xvb
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I’m good with either, but dd is hoping for a sister.
missbritt22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
We are hoing for a girl, although I'll be happy with either gender. But I've heard a lot off ppl say woman on top helps your chances and that's pretty much the only way we dtd during our fertile week when we conceived. We find out the gender May 31st, can't wait!
NatesMom2011
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I’m totally fine either way but my house is funny, I have a biological boy so I want a girl, DH has biological twin girls so he wants another boy. I’m sure when the kids find out we’re having a baby my son will want a brother and the twins will want a sister.
ILFWY6
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
You'll have to let me know!

Quoting missbritt22: We are hoing for a girl, although I'll be happy with either gender. But I've heard a lot off ppl say woman on top helps your chances and that's pretty much the only way we dtd during our fertile week when we conceived. We find out the gender May 31st, can't wait!
ILFWY6
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
When I told my kids the boys want a brother and my dd said if she has to have another sibling she wants a sister (preteen angst & first born, lol). My 9yo ds son also said, "look, I don't care as long as you don't get hurt having the baby". I can't believe how sweet he is.

Quoting NatesMom2011: I’m totally fine either way but my house is funny, I have a biological boy so I want a girl, DH has biological twin girls so he wants another boy. I’m sure when the kids find out we’re having a baby my son will want a brother and the twins will want a sister.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)