Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im new

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:27 AM
  • 7 Replies
Ive been trying for 3 yrs to get pregnant..finally had a positive pregnancy test couple weeks ago...i miscarried this morning....can anyone tell me how the ovulation tests work please.
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ShawnsMom31
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:10 AM

I'm so sorry :( I also had a miscarriage in January, and honestly I dont think I've ovulated since. Usually with opk testing it depends on the average length of your cycle, mine is 29 days. So technically I'm supposed to start testing with opk on cycle days 11-17 , and your supposed to bd every other day during your fertile week. Sending you lots of baby dust and a healthy pregnacy :)

Kimipeli
by Group Admin on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:13 AM

I'm so very sorry for your loss! I have you and your family in my thoughts!

huntersmoma21
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:26 AM
Welcome and Iā€™m sorry, I had a mc in January. I start my opks cd 10 usually.
NatesMom2011
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:59 PM
Awe Iā€™m sorry to hear that!! I start my tests about 9 days after my period starts but I have a shorter cycle.
Acciobooks
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 2:08 PM
Welcome!
I am so very sorry for your loss.
hurst0three
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 2:39 PM
Welcome! So sorry for your loss ā™” I started using opks on cd5 and ovulated on cd16. It was my first month so I wasn't sure when to start using them.
lyzzefrago
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 7:57 PM

I'm so sorry about your loss omg. I'm currently part of the pregnant after ttc side of things but before this pregnancy I had a chemical and it was devastating even losing it at 3w4d. But don't give up hope definitely keep trying! There is a bigger plan for you and your family! When I used opks I started testing on cd9, and I ovulated on cd 13 or 14 if I remember correctly (this was back in September). I used the flashing and non-flashing smiley face one and for that one you just test with first morning urine until you get a blinking smiley face and then test every 4 hours+ hours but multiple times a day until the smiley face stops blinking and then you're ovulating :). Then with the strips I hated those but same idea, it's once a day with fmu and then when they're ALMOST positive I think you're supposed to test 2x a day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)