Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dealing with a cyst! :/

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 2:45 PM
  • 11 Replies

So this month we were supposed to start IVF, but we are having to wait because I have a cyst in my right ovary. The doctor has me taking birth control pills to hopefully make it shrink. My period stopped 2 days ago when it should have, but today I have had spotting and cramping. The cramping is where my right ovary should be and where the cyst is. It's not painful cramps, but annoying cramps. I'm hoping that it's a sign of it shrinking instead of getting bigger. Has anyone here dealt with a cyst in their ovary? Did you need surgery or did your cyst go away with BC? If it went away with BC, did you have some spotting as well? Thank you ladies in advance! 

by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huntersmoma21
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a cyst with my last pregnancy but it went away on is own. I also had a hemotoma so I was spotting and bleeding from that though.
NatesMom2011
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no I’m sorry to hear that girl!!
krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:35 PM

I have heard if the cyst pops it can cause bleeding and it can hurt like crazy. I'm hoping it just shrinks. I won't get to see a gynecologist again till my husband gets back home from field work.

Did your hematoma heal pretty quickly? One of my friends had one that caused her to miscarry. It was sad.

Quoting huntersmoma21: I had a cyst with my last pregnancy but it went away on is own. I also had a hemotoma so I was spotting and bleeding from that though.

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:37 PM

It really sucks and its a little annoying. I'm hoping it goes away and the spotting stops soon! I'm thinking I should take it easy and not go to the gym for a couple days. I've been going this whole time on my normal workout schedule, but maybe my body needs a rest.

Quoting NatesMom2011: Oh no I’m sorry to hear that girl!!

huntersmoma21
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:40 PM
It took until I was 12 weeks. I was put on pelvic rest until then. I have had a cyst burst and oh man thought I was dying! Went to the ER and everything. But don’t remember bleeding.

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

I have heard if the cyst pops it can cause bleeding and it can hurt like crazy. I'm hoping it just shrinks. I won't get to see a gynecologist again till my husband gets back home from field work.

Did your hematoma heal pretty quickly? One of my friends had one that caused her to miscarry. It was sad.

Quoting huntersmoma21: I had a cyst with my last pregnancy but it went away on is own. I also had a hemotoma so I was spotting and bleeding from that though.

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:52 PM

My ex SIL had one pop while she was pregnant and she said it was awful too, but she also had bleeding. I might have had a cyst pop 4 years ago and I wanted to go to the hospital. I was staying at a friends house at that time and her husband actually refused to take me to the hospital. He told me his sister got them all the time and they aren't that bad. I wanted to kill him right then and there. I ended up calling a friend to come get me. I try to wait out paid for some reason so by the time my friend got there the pain was going away and I didn't want to deal with a hospital bill so I just stayed at my other friend's house that night. I was so angry with my friend's husband that night. I still feel pretty angry about it.

Quoting huntersmoma21: It took until I was 12 weeks. I was put on pelvic rest until then. I have had a cyst burst and oh man thought I was dying! Went to the ER and everything. But don’t remember bleeding.
Quoting krystaldawn_21:

NatesMom2011
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

You never know right it could be something as simple as you need some tlc and to reset. I wish you well!! Keep us posted on how everything is going.

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

It really sucks and its a little annoying. I'm hoping it goes away and the spotting stops soon! I'm thinking I should take it easy and not go to the gym for a couple days. I've been going this whole time on my normal workout schedule, but maybe my body needs a rest.

lyzzefrago
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It probably ruptured, which sounds scary but it's actually a really good thing. Even though in my case the pain was pretty excruciating sometimes I had at least 20-30 cysts if not a lot more while I was on the Mirena IUD and never needed surgery every single one ruptured on it's own. But it was super annoying because I would randomly start spotting and it was very painful. 

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 5:28 AM

Mine isn't super painful though. It feels like my regular period cramps. The one 4 years ago that I think might have been a ruptured cyst was super painful! Like I almost passed out painful. That one sucked so bad. This one starts to hurt when I clean a lot or walk a lot. I'm going to take it easy for this week and skip the gym. 

Idk though. I guess I will find out sometime next week. I haven't been on any birth control because I have my tubes tied. I'm only on it now to hopefully get this cyst to go away. The doctor only saw one in there too. We saw some follicles growing like normal with it, but that was about it. 

Quoting lyzzefrago:

It probably ruptured, which sounds scary but it's actually a really good thing. Even though in my case the pain was pretty excruciating sometimes I had at least 20-30 cysts if not a lot more while I was on the Mirena IUD and never needed surgery every single one ruptured on it's own. But it was super annoying because I would randomly start spotting and it was very painful. 

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 5:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you and I will!! Hopefully next week I will know more! :)

Quoting NatesMom2011:

You never know right it could be something as simple as you need some tlc and to reset. I wish you well!! Keep us posted on how everything is going.

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)