Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Some Advice **Updated**

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2018 at 3:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

Okay so I have not had a period since Jan 7 2018 I had random spotting here and there in feb and march now fast forward i had spotting on the 2nd of april until the 9th or 10th then on april 11th I got AF full force i was going through super tampons and pads probably every hour or so for the first 3 days now here I am cycle day 11 and im still bleeding I dont get it.. I dont understand why I am still bleeding. I did start eating healthy and losing weight March 23rd.. I am down 21lbs so would you guys think maybe my body is trying to regulate itself or should I be worried and call my GYNs office?? This def is not normal for me i usually only bleed cd1 to cd6 or so but nothing ever this long and im kinda worried.. Any opinions and advice would be helpful TIA

Update: So today is CD14 and still bleeding but not as much but i went to my GYNs office today had a pelvic exam, my gyn said everything looks normal but they took a sample to send it out to make sure theres no bacteria causing the bleeding.. I asked if it could be the weight loss and my dr said it very well could be then they scheduled me for an ultrasound on the 18th of May to see if I have any fibroids or polyps.. I am hoping this period stops pretty soon because it is getting quite annoying lol

by on Apr. 21, 2018 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diamonds62009
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 3:40 PM

Bump

missbritt22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I would definitely call your dr and let them know what is going on. That's a long time to be bleeding especiallly the amount your are bleeding.
Diamonds62009
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 5:54 PM
Thank you.. yeah now its light but its still worrying me so monday morning ill call my gyns office

Quoting missbritt22: I would definitely call your dr and let them know what is going on. That's a long time to be bleeding especiallly the amount your are bleeding.
aly110112
by Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 8:06 PM

Did you take a pregnancy test during that time? I went 3 months without a period before and then bled for almost 30 days. It turns out I was pregnant and didn't know. When I did test (I took 4 tests) I had gotten negative results so after the next month of no period I just assumed my period was irregular again. After over 10 days of a heavy period I called my dr and they did a blood test that showed my HCG was in the hundreds and it took a few weeks for it to go back to 0. I would definitely check with them. 

HeatherMarieT88
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 9:24 PM
Same here! My hormones are all messed up from taking the depo shot before that though I was supposed to get another one on the 9th of January but that's the day we decided to ttc and I am all messed up with one tube and pcos as well. Ugh been eating healthier and it comes and goes some days full force period, some days barely spotting and some days nothing. But I hear that it can take like 6 months or more for it to go back to normal after the shot so I'm hoping that's problem and that there's nothing bigger. Before that shot even with just one tube and my pcos I still got a three day normal and like four days of spotting so it was regular before the depo. I'm going to the obgyn when my new jobs insurance kicks in. Please update! I'm very curious to hear what the doc has to say. I hope it's nothing serious. Best of luck!
Diamonds62009
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:49 PM
Yes ive tested and all tests have been negative but im going to call my gyns office monday

Quoting aly110112:

Did you take a pregnancy test during that time? I went 3 months without a period before and then bled for almost 30 days. It turns out I was pregnant and didn't know. When I did test (I took 4 tests) I had gotten negative results so after the next month of no period I just assumed my period was irregular again. After over 10 days of a heavy period I called my dr and they did a blood test that showed my HCG was in the hundreds and it took a few weeks for it to go back to 0. I would definitely check with them. 

Kimipeli
by Group Admin on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

First and foremost I am happy you are bleeding lighter now. I must though say to everyone on this forum, please, please, please if you are bleeding through pads/tampons within 1 hour you need to really be calling a doc and / or going to an ER. Some ladies can go a couple hours with the 1 hour deal before they start getting faint / short of breath etc. Others much faster, but really and ideally no one wants ladies to get those symptoms before coming in. Anyways, clearly you have to use your own judgment if you go in to a medical facility or not, but I just had to say it because I worry that a lot of woman don't know that, that is when you are to be concerned - bleeding through a pad an hour.

Anyways, I went on a diet and started exercising, it messed with my period some and then I bled heavier and longer then normal. I think 2 weeks I bled. However, not even close to bleeding through a pad an hour. It is always good that if you are questioning if you should call your doc or not, to just go ahead and call. There is a reason you are questioning that. Follow your instinct. Plus a call is free and it can provide peace of mind etc. 

Good luck!!! My fingers are crossed that you get your cycles and all this worked out and you soon get a BFP!!! Sending you lots of baby dust!!! Congratulation's on the weight loss, by the way!!! Great job!!!

Lovin_mybaby5
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:00 PM
You sound like me. My ovulation is off which affects my period
Quayla
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:56 PM
Losing weight releases the estrogen stored in fat into the blood stream. For most women this causes heavier period for the first few months. Hopefully it's lighter next month.
tinkerbellp
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2018 at 12:10 AM

Hope you you will get answers soon my prayers go out to you n baby dust

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)