Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Need Help / Opinions

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2008 at 9:44 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hey there ladies....

Me and My husband want to start trying this summer, so I am going to the OB/GYN on March 17th. I want to plan baby #2.

Here's where I need your help:

I am drawing a blank on questions to ask the dr. I've never been good w/ questions.

What questions have you asked your dr about TTC????

Please help me!
by on Mar. 6, 2008 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
n3wm0m
by on Mar. 6, 2008 at 9:58 AM
Bump*
faerymommie
by on Mar. 6, 2008 at 10:26 AM
I am going to be doing the same here soon so I am interested in what I should ask as well.
eng015
by on Mar. 6, 2008 at 10:38 AM

I was asking at my 6 week lol. My husband and I want our kids close.

*Things like does he want you to go ahead and start prenatal vitamin?
*B6?
*does he think you should get a health check?
*If you already have kids might want to bring up any problems you had if any.
*Some times OBs have suggestions to help you get pregnant faster.
*If you haven't had kids you might want to go ahead and get a list of the dos and don'ts, and if you do have kids you might want to get them again. (my friend waited a year before she got pregnant again, and she said there were a lot more things on the don't list)
*He'll probably also tell you info on how babies can end up with FAS just from you or your husband drinking while TTC.

There's loads more. Those were just my main ones. The last one I'm really big on, and it's really important to me. My husband and I are going to start trying next month. I had a really bad hard pregnancy last time because of HG so my Dr and I had to make a plan on how to handle it the next time.

Good luck!

n3wm0m
by on Mar. 6, 2008 at 1:38 PM
Bump* Come on
n3wm0m
by on Mar. 7, 2008 at 10:28 AM
Bump**
karijoy
by on Mar. 7, 2008 at 3:36 PM
I am getting ready to go in as well dh and I are planning right now to ttc in july or so *I want to try sooner* so I am rushing things! 

1..I am going to ask about m/s cause I had it so bad lasttime I got hospitalized 3 times.  What can I do to prevent, maybe get a script, etc. 

2.  Vitamin script,

3.  I have these odd bumps on my foot I want checked up before I get pg (any other health issues you might be having). 

4.  What things can I eat/should I eat?  Which stuff to stay away from? 

5.  What otc meds can I take/not take?

thats all I can think of right now!

Kari

Photobucket
MrsP777
by on Mar. 7, 2008 at 9:20 PM
If you take any medications for any reason, ask if they can complicate prgnancy. There are also pre-pregnancy blood tests you can take just to make sure you're all good to go! I'd take one of those!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)