Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Pregnancy tests

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2008 at 12:09 PM
  • 8 Replies
I tood a EPT test this a.m. and it came back positive, but I have had cramping all a.m. like af was on her way.  So just to make myself feel better I went and got a different brand of test and it was a really faint positive.  So my question to you ladies, has anyone gotten false positvies off two different brands before?  I have had two mc between my boys so I am worried about the cramping.  Thanks in advance.
by on Mar. 20, 2008 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Shaynas_Mommy
by on Mar. 20, 2008 at 12:15 PM
I don't know, but I can tell you it is unlikely to get a false positive. That specific hormone has to be present to get a positive result. I would call your doctor and make an appt asap.

Group owner: Mommies Against Abortion http://www.cafemom.com/group/14916

Speak your mind in 21 and up mommies uncensored http://www.cafemom.com/group/40632

Christina1607
by on Mar. 20, 2008 at 2:25 PM
Its not very likely that you got a false positive, especially not two. I had a lot of cramping with my son. I mean A LOT! I was so scared until they stopped, they didn't stop until like 18 weeks.
GordonFan24
by on Mar. 20, 2008 at 3:29 PM
Thanks ladies,  I maybe worring for nothing. I took a pregnancy test this a.m. because I was having a c t scan done to figure out where my kidney stone has moved to, it was 5mm 3 weeks ago.  I passed one that was 3mm 2 weeks ago and going tomorrow to find out if the other one has moved or not.  I am having a blood test done on Monday. 
LaneyCsMommy
by on Mar. 20, 2008 at 3:40 PM
I would safely bet you are pregnant! I had very bad menstrual like cramps when I was pregnant. I think it's normal! Yay! Good luck!
Mommyto2g1b
by on Mar. 20, 2008 at 4:09 PM
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU ARE DEFINATELY PREGGO!!!!  CONGRATS!!!!  I TOOK A FIRST RESPONSE AND IT WAS VERY FAINT AND A DIGITAL TOO AND IT SAID PREGNANT.  MY PICS ARE ON MY PAGE, YOU COULD BARELY SEE THE FAINT LINE.  I HAVE TESTED AGAIN AT 13 DPO AND 15 DPO, 2 AND 4 DAYS LATER AND IT KEEPS GETTING DARKER.  CRAMPING IS NORMAL, I HAVE HAD SOME TOO.  I HEAR YA THOUGH...I HAD A M/C BACK IN APRIL OF LAST YEAR AND  I FIND MYSELF WORRYING A LOT TOO.  BEST WISHES AND GOD BLESS YOU!!!

pregnancy
GordonFan24
by on Mar. 20, 2008 at 10:38 PM
My First Response test like yours was also really faint but my E.P.T. test was very noticeable.
 Thanks ladies. 
Savedsol
by on Mar. 21, 2008 at 6:16 PM
me too, tons of cramping worries with this second pregnancy.  THen, when it stopped, I got worried.  I guess you can't please me!
Quoting Christina1607:

Its not very likely that you got a false positive, especially not two. I had a lot of cramping with my son. I mean A LOT! I was so scared until they stopped, they didn't stop until like 18 weeks.

Blessings,

Courtney

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:13-14

krista16
by on Mar. 22, 2008 at 3:01 PM
I took 5 first response pregnancy test..first one very positive the other 4 were faint but positive.

I took a ghetto store brand and it was very faint but positive..
sadly mine ended in a miscarriage...

=/

But dont worry the cramping is probably implantation..
I bet your pregnant..
good luck=]
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)