Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BFP & my experience getting there

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 3:35 PM
  • 4 Replies
I got my BFP two days ago!  Yippee.  I thought I'd share a little bit about how I got here to help others who had the same concerns I did through this process.

I used OPK (answer brand).  I got faint pink lines for several days before it finally turned dark.  Once it turned dark I called and scheduled an IUI for the following morning (my husband is sterile and so we concieved using donor sperm at a fertility clinic without any drugs).  Two days before the IUI I had a lot of EWCM.  The day of the IUI I had very little CM.  Apparently that didn't matter because it worked. 

I just wanted to share this with others because I remember being freaked out that I was timing this all too late based on CM.  For me it was better to base the timing all on the OPK.  The month before I based our timing on the CM and we ended up having the IUI done 3 days too early. 

So...if any of you ladies are doing this using OPK and can concieve naturally my best advice to you is BD a lot the night of and the day after maybe even morning after you get a dark line.  We didn't have the luxury of BD to concieve this child, we only got one chance each month.  However, know your CM will indicate to you that ovulation is rapidly approaching so make sure you start testing as soon as you notice it preferably before.  I tested two times a day, late morning and around 5:00ish each day to make sure I didn't miss my surge.  Sometimes my surge did happen towards the 5:00.

I concieved both children this way. 

Good luck to you all!
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Steph0079
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 3:36 PM
 CONGRATS!

If you are like me and need to earn extra cash, check out this website.   You sign up, don't pay a thing, do a couple of surveys or refer your friends and you get a check.  I made $330.40 in March! Check out the website and if you need any help message me and I will explain how to do the offers for free so you can get money without spending money! You aren't going to get rich, but every penny helps!  http://www.cashcrate.com/383789

Stephanie :)

sarajo23
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Woohoo! congratulations!! 

Thanks for the tips! I just bought my OPK tests today so we can start trying next month~!

mom2wy
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 3:39 PM
Congrats and happy and healthy 9mths!!!!

leeloo11400
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 4:01 PM

CONGRATS to you and your hubby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christian using Weightwatchers and/or Alli for weight loss group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/christianWW

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)