Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Pink spotting after sex (around ovulation, 2 months in a row).

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 3:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok, here's what's going on.  I posted earlier today (BBT Chart Flunkie, that's me.) about my chart.  This is the link in case you're curious as to the chart. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/30079/boards/read/6053546/BBT_Chart_Flunkie_that_s_me

Hubs and I BD'd this afternoon, not really "rough" but I'd say "vigorously."  I go to the bathroom and I've got pink spotting.  As you can see on my chart, I've either YET to ovulate or I JUST ovulated.  This is still to be determined.  This same thing happened last month, caused us to think that I was pregnant.  On CD36 last month, I got AF.  I spotted both last and this month on CD17, without sex or any activity to cause it.  Last month I thought it was either ovulation or implantation or I had an infection.  (I did BD AFTER the spotting just in case it was ovulation, btw.)  I saw a doctor to rule out infections, as this was very odd for me.  Now that I'm charting this month I see that the spotting is probably ovulation.  I just don't understand why I'm spotting after sex in the luteal phase, since this happened last month after CD17, off and on.  Any ideas other than pregnancy? 

by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BabyBumbleBee
by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Sometimes I spot after sex, and it seems kind of random to me.  I have never really tried to figure out if it only happens at certain time in my cycle though.  Sorry I am not very helpful... just wanted you to know that it happens to me too!

yegz210
by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 8:27 PM

I spot every month for the past 6 months in my luteal phase!? It doesnt only happen after sex just sometimes randomly i will spot for a day or 2 i dont know what it is. I have to go ask a Dr. Someone said something about ovulatory bleeding? I researche it and found nothing so i duno

daisynsunshine
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 4:02 PM

i spot with my ov.

j92bm
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 10:25 AM

I get ovulation spotting every month - for me that is spotting after ovulation, not before although I have heard it is more common before.  The spotting I get is so minimal it is something I would never have even noticed until I started TTC and paying attention.  good luck!

SxdUpAngel
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 7:15 PM

The spotting lasted for 3 days this month.  I had so little spotting on CD17 it was a fluke that I noticed.  Like someone else said, it was only because I've been paying attention.  However, the spotting experienced the next two days was NOT something that could have been easily missed.  It only ocurred after sex on those two days.  The first day, I spotted before having sex that day.  Now, CD22, I was cramping from sex.  My chart still doesn't show that I've ovulated but I'm pretty sure it is due to mouth breathing in my sleep.  Next month I'm going to temp vaginally to be certain that something isn't wrong.  My cervical mucous shows that I was prepared to ovulate, as does my cervical position.  I don't do ovulation tests because they're so fickle so I've either got a problem, I didn't ovulate, or I did ovulate but my mouth breathing in sleep messes up my temps. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)