Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

BFP or Evap? Argh!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 8:41 PM
  • 3 Replies

Well after a year of trying I finally saw two lines... but I'm afraid I can't celebrate.

I took the test this morning (dollar store test on CD 30), and after about 5 minutes took a quick glance and tossed it back on the counter and left. I'm so use to seeing BFNs that I didn't even really time it or take a good look.... but a couple hours later I walked in to clean up and with the natural light flooding the room at this time I noticed the second line. My eyesight is very bad and I'm afraid that in the low lighting of my bathroom I missed the second line.... or was it simply an evap line?

I know that tests after the time limit don't count.... but I've been using these tests for months and I've never seen an evap line on them before.

And I had the most vivid and weird dream last night before waking up and taking the test... I was giving birth to a baby boy (6lbs 7oz, lol).....

Anyone have a real positive after something like this? Is there any hope?

by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
fcangel9
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 8:49 PM

the best thing i can say is get a digital.  Ive seen a few stories on here where women thought they were evap lines and it turned out to be a bfp.  Ive only have one evap line on a dollar store test, usually you see it more with blue dye than you do with pink.  I would test again with fmu with a digital. 

babygirl13
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM

I would test again...

Check out Momfoolery...Youll be glad you did! :)

Hoping409
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Ima guess evap and the only way to prove me wrong is take another one tomorrow and get a great surprise! I had the same thing happen to me back in October. Got so excited and come to find out it was evap because all the other test were negs and 6 days later my period came with a total of 9 days late. So I would say test again in the am with fmu and hopefully you will get what you are looking for *+*+BABYDUST+*+*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)