Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

My soda taste bad...what's up with that?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 8:48 AM
  • 6 Replies

Is it a sign/symptom for things you normally eat or drink to suddenly taste bad?  Not like you don't like it anymore but really YUK.  I did notice on my way to work that I had a soar throat.  I was up several times in the middle of the night to pee. Normally I don't get up at all.  Last night it was at least 3-4 times and at 3 am and 5 am when I got up I was also nauseous but able to go back to sleep right away.  Oh, I'm 7dpo today.  I have many more symptoms I could list...lol.  Could all be nothing, I know.  Any thoughts?

by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ladysavage
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 9:25 AM

When I was pregnant with my first - before I found out I was pregnant I sat down one morning to eat my peanut-buttered toast - took one bite and went "Eughhh! Disgusting." - asked my partner to try it and see if it tasted funny to him and he said no. So, funny tasting soda may well be a symptom of pregnancy for you.

sweetie246
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Quoting ladysavage:

When I was pregnant with my first - before I found out I was pregnant I sat down one morning to eat my peanut-buttered toast - took one bite and went "Eughhh! Disgusting." - asked my partner to try it and see if it tasted funny to him and he said no. So, funny tasting soda may well be a symptom of pregnancy for you.

Thanks!  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but with every little thing you go...hmmm?  Is this a symptom?

LukesMommy2007
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:48 AM

OMG with BOTH my pregnancies my first signs were peeing in the night because I NEVER do that and all the sudden I didn't want pop anymore and let me tell you I am a pop drinker.  The thought of it made me so sick :P  With both pregnancies I got over it around 14 weeks and could drink it again but not until then.  Even the smell of it was so YUCKY!  Good luck!!!

expecting boy

Moonnstarz3
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:51 AM

For my first pregnancy it was beef and lobster. I still can't eat lobster. This pregnancy it is chicken. Man I hope I can eat chicken after this one.

sweetie246
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I remember with my first I would gag at the thought of greasy meat (beef)  I love hambugers and I really could not eat one right now for nothing.  The thought of greasy meat is really bothersome.  I am going out to lunch with some co-workers for a Birthday today and I hope they don't want to go to some burger place.  I'll have to back out if they do. 

I just go used to the taste of Pepsi One and now it just tastes bad, like too much acid or something.  

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 11:16 AM

ewww i would too! that and i couldnt eat taco bell!!! LOL

Quoting sweetie246:

I remember with my first I would gag at the thought of greasy meat (beef)  I love hambugers and I really could not eat one right now for nothing.  The thought of greasy meat is really bothersome.  I am going out to lunch with some co-workers for a Birthday today and I hope they don't want to go to some burger place.  I'll have to back out if they do. 

I just go used to the taste of Pepsi One and now it just tastes bad, like too much acid or something.  

wisconsin-momma.gif

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)