Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

let's help those trying to conceive.

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM
  • 79 Replies

i thought maybe we could start a thread to help those trying to conceive?

what method(s) are you using/did you use to conceive?

why are you using/did you use that method?

what method(s) are you thinking of trying?

i am eighteen years old, a senior in high school, a mother of an angel baby, in love with my high school sweetheart, engaged soon-to-be air force wife, and trying to conceive another baby. you may think i am too young, but life for me has never been better!

by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yngmomma21833
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:29 PM

We are just doing the "dance" every other day. Ths is our first real month of trying so we will find out on the 21!

berinlove
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Quoting yngmomma21833:

We are just doing the "dance" every other day. Ths is our first real month of trying so we will find out on the 21!

wow. good luck and tons of baby dust! ! ! XD

baby dust

i am eighteen years old, a senior in high school, a mother of an angel baby, in love with my high school sweetheart, engaged soon-to-be air force wife, and trying to conceive another baby. you may think i am too young, but life for me has never been better!

jcp270
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I think this is a great idea!  Have a place where everyone can share their ideas and methods.  I personally have been TTC for 5 years (off and on, too hard sometimes!) and still have never been pregnant.   I would love to hear some other people reached their goal!!

DragonRiderMD
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Chart your basal body temperature. I know it's no good at predicting ovulation, but it's great at taking the guess-work out of knowing when you really did ovulate, so you'll know for sure if the timing was right and when it's ok to test or if you're having a longer-than-usual cycle. www.fertilityfriend.com has great information on charting, and it's free.

nancycsel
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Quoting yngmomma21833:

That is what we tried the 4th month TTC and we got pregnant. I also stopped using KY lub and switched to a water based one.

roselynnm
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:38 PM

ive been trying sense last year when i got off the depo but it was the lets do it every 3 days kinda thing now im using prenatal and using that instead cup and ovulation sticks and getting real serious about it. last couple days (today and yesterday) i took an ovulation test one didnt have two lines and the next one has a very faint line  does the faint line mean that im going to ovulate soon or to just ignore it???

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

ComotionGirl
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I am currently pregnant for the 7th time.  I have 2 kids and 4 angel in heaven and one on the way=:)  I have my daughter because the condom broke.  I have been pregnant twice while on birth control pills.  Once while on the Pill AND breastfeeding.  And our most recent baby I had an IUD!  SO for me, using any type of birth control is the BEST way for me to getpreggers.

However, we did TRY once.  I got the book "taking charge of your fertility" and it was AWESOME!  I also used ovulation predictor kits.  I took my temp and used the opk and charted and checked my mucus  and POOF we got pregnant the first month.  I felt like that by doing those things I was in CONTROl.  Even though I know we have NO control over anything!

I have a friend who is having trouble TTC and I know the waiting can be SO hard!!!!  As can the loss of a baby whether it be miscarriage or stillbirth.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU MOMMAS!!!!!! 

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
berinlove
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Quoting jcp270:

I think this is a great idea!  Have a place where everyone can share their ideas and methods.  I personally have been TTC for 5 years (off and on, too hard sometimes!) and still have never been pregnant.   I would love to hear some other people reached their goal!!

well, hopefully this post can help you out! good luck and baby dust! ! ! xD

baby dust

berinlove
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Quoting roselynnm:

ive been trying sense last year when i got off the depo but it was the lets do it every 3 days kinda thing now im using prenatal and using that instead cup and ovulation sticks and getting real serious about it. last couple days (today and yesterday) i took an ovulation test one didnt have two lines and the next one has a very faint line  does the faint line mean that im going to ovulate soon or to just ignore it???

hopefully someone else can answer this? i have never used them. from what i have seen in the post, i suppose that means you are starting to ovulate?

anyone else know?

berinlove
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Quoting ComotionGirl:

I am currently pregnant for the 7th time.  I have 2 kids and 4 angel in heaven and one on the way=:)  I have my daughter because the condom broke.  I have been pregnant twice while on birth control pills.  Once while on the Pill AND breastfeeding.  And our most recent baby I had an IUD!  SO for me, using any type of birth control is the BEST way for me to getpreggers.

However, we did TRY once.  I got the book "taking charge of your fertility" and it was AWESOME!  I also used ovulation predictor kits.  I took my temp and used the opk and charted and checked my mucus  and POOF we got pregnant the first month.  I felt like that by doing those things I was in CONTROl.  Even though I know we have NO control over anything!

I have a friend who is having trouble TTC and I know the waiting can be SO hard!!!!  As can the loss of a baby whether it be miscarriage or stillbirth.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU MOMMAS!!!!!! 

congratulations! ! ! how far along are you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN