Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having sex while on your period....Are your chances at getting pregnant any better?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:06 PM
  • 4 Replies

HI LADIES, LET ME START OFF BY SAYING THAT MY HUSBAND WILL NOT HAVE SEX WITH ME WHEN I'M ON MY CYCLE. HE REFERS IT TO "ARE YOU ON THAT"? I THOUGH I WAS DONE WITH MY CYCLE BECAUSE THERE WAS NO BLOOD ON MY PAD SO ME AND MY HUSBAND HAD SEX. AFTER THAT I WENT TO THE BATHROOM AND SURE ENOUGH THEIR WAS BLOOD. THEN A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER IT HAPPENED AGAIN, WE HAD SEX THEN THERE WAS BLOOD. MY QUESTION IS ARE YOU BETTER OFF HAVING SEX ON YOUR CYCLE TO GET PREGNANT OR NOT?

Dawn~

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gavin423
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I'm not POSITIVE on this but I'm pretty sure that would be a 'no'. While it is possible to get pregnant while on your period, I do believe the chance of it happening is significantly less than later on. Sperm only lasts so long inside of you, so it needs to be done within the window of O. It is possible to O while on your period but it is not very common, from what I understand.

Did that make any sense? lol probably not. If nothing else, here is a BUMP

__Lauren__
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:13 PM
I think that your chances of getting pregnant would be higher when you have sex when you dont have your period, although I have heard that you can still get prego when you have your period but the chances are not high. The best time is when you are ovulating. I hope this helps.
Lauren:)
__Lauren__
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:15 PM
Also just to tell ya my BF went inside me while I have my periods and so far I have not gotten Prego.
Lauren:)
Bren07
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:19 PM

it is possible to get pregnant shortly after ur period depending on how long ur cycle is..if u have say a 26days cycle and ur period lasts for a wk u could O a couple days after u stop bleeding so if u had sex while on ur period u could get pregnant..(sperm can live UPTO 5days inside u)..but it is not typical to get pregnant while on ur period cuz u r usually not going to be Oing while on ur period..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)