Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wanted to say what worked for me..

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay..A little background first..I am 21 DH is 29 and we have 2 yr old twins.  We ttc #3 for a YEAR and finally got a prescription for clomid.  I was waiting for my period to come so I could start my first cycle of clomid and I ordered preseed because I was DESPERATE at that point. I ordered enough for MONTHS so we started using it right away.  I thought it was a bunch of B/S but was willing to give anything a try so that month we started using it EVERY time we had sex.  As we all know by now..the further into ttc you get, the harder it gets to be excited for sex.  So needless to say I need a little extra lube anyways.  Well my first month using it..BAM..PREGNANT.  I am now 24 weeks..Due Dec. 10, 2009 with our 2nd little girl Gabriela Jade.  I wanted to also say that I used answer dip stick pregnancy test and got a BFP at 8 DPO!  These test NEVER gave me an evaporation line!  Also..I know people who swear by the digital test but they gave me a false negative until 16 DPO!!!  Now I don't know what made it happen..maybe it was just luck or good timing or that we practically gave up and were waiting to start the clomid..but I figured it was worth sharing anyway.  I hope this helps someone that is ttc because It was the hardest time of my life.  I cried all the time and it got me so down and depressed seeing that BFN every month for 12 months.  Keep on trying ladies!  Just wanted to offer some words of encouragement and say that every tear I cried during that year has been made SOOO WORTH IT!  I am praying it happens for all of you this month! 

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kellinna
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:09 PM

That was very sweet, thanks and God bless you!

luvkids329
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:38 PM

hey thanks for sharing your information, i have to admit, when i had read stuff about preeseed i thought bs too! until you posted something positive about it! what is it? is it like lube? and is it expensive, good luck on your pregnancy!, still prayin for mine!....

MBDunn
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Wow!! Congrats and thanks for sharing your info with us!

PhotobucketPhotobuckethttp://www.zazzle.com/bd5178

mm-mom
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Quoting luvkids329:

hey thanks for sharing your information, i have to admit, when i had read stuff about preeseed i thought bs too! until you posted something positive about it! what is it? is it like lube? and is it expensive, good luck on your pregnancy!, still prayin for mine!....

Preseed is lube that is supposed to make your vagina more sperm friendly. I paid like $20 for mine but it came with 7 answer pregnancy test.  I used it even after I got my BFP because K-Y jelly is too greasy i my opinion and the preseed felt really natural.  If you go to buy it I recommend E-bay because they give better deals.

roxygirl05
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 12:01 PM

thanks so much you give me hope i am trying for my first where can you get chlomed and is it a perscription

thanks so much roxygirl

mnmommer
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Quoting roxygirl05:

thanks so much you give me hope i am trying for my first where can you get chlomed and is it a perscription

Clomid is a prescription and you have to get it from your doc.  It all depends on the doc from what I've heard.  Some will Rx it if you ask for it and others want you to try for a year, etc.  I'd like to get my hands on some!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)