Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did you know before you took a test?!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:23 PM
  • 8 Replies

Did any of you know before you took a test?

We are in our first month trying but we did everything perfectly and I'm extremely fertile plus my other two kids (from a previous marriage) were both birth control babies ha ha. But I O'ed this weekend and I've been all outta wack today, emotional, sick to my stomach (which is highly unlike me), and OMG thirsty.

I knew with my first miscarriage like days after I concieved that I was pregnant and I knew with my son about a week after he was concieved but had to wait about 10dpo to get a BFP HPT.

Just curious about you ladies!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ArmyWifey4907
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:43 PM

I knew!  For about a week I had just been feeling off, not "normal."  So I waited until DH (then B/F) was out of town for training for the weekend and I took a test, and yup it was a BFP.  And now 2 yrs later I've got my little man, and DH and I are trying to give him a baby sister lol.

Trying to Conceive Ticker

racang
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 1:46 AM

I knew with both of my girls, actually with my first I knew the day after I conceived, with my second I knew on new years eve so I stayed away from Alcohol, I didn't get a positive test until I was about 7 weeks along with both, but with this one I had no idea I was pregnant, we have been ttc for almost 3 years and i expected to see another neg. test but it was a really really dark pos. and within 30 seconds.....but I had no symptoms except extremly sore boobs, and with both my girls I got morning sickness almost immediataly.

Pregnancy ticker

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

kslawmama
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 8:11 AM

When you say you had morning sickness right away, how do you mean? I felt a lil queasy last night but thought maybe I was hungry even though nothing sounded good at all!

Quoting racang:

I knew with both of my girls, actually with my first I knew the day after I conceived, with my second I knew on new years eve so I stayed away from Alcohol, I didn't get a positive test until I was about 7 weeks along with both, but with this one I had no idea I was pregnant, we have been ttc for almost 3 years and i expected to see another neg. test but it was a really really dark pos. and within 30 seconds.....but I had no symptoms except extremly sore boobs, and with both my girls I got morning sickness almost immediataly.

racang
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 5:15 PM

with my oldest dd, the night after I conceived her I could not finish dinner for the whole week because I felt like I was going to trow up, it got bad on e night xo I took pepto bismol(sp?) and within 10 mins I threw it up, after that week I got my period and all signs of me being pregnant had dissapeared. The following week after my period I took a test at the doctors and it came back neg. so the following week I went in and had my tonils removed, then 13 days later I went into the gyno for a really bad yeast infection and got a positive pregnancy test, I was about 7 weeks preggo then too, then about a week after my positive test at the gynos I got the morning sickness once again.

Quoting kslawmama:

When you say you had morning sickness right away, how do you mean? I felt a lil queasy last night but thought maybe I was hungry even though nothing sounded good at all!

Quoting racang:

Pregnancy ticker

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

willibums-mama
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I knew and here's why:

My boobs were still hurting, the day before AF was to show (today). Usually the pain starts to fade a few days before.

I chart, and my temps were looking different. They were just climbing slow and steady and didn't look like my other charts.

Also, I check cm and cp, and a day or so before AF my cervix usually starts to move up and open. It wasn't budging!

So, I grabbed some tests, including a digi, at the grocery store last night and took them this morning. Beautiful BFPs. *sigh*

Mother to one adorable baby boy!

stork

willibums-mama
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Oh, and I should add that I only actually realized it within the past couple of days. Before then, I had no idea, in fact I didn't think I was at all. AF was due tomorrow.

Mother to one adorable baby boy!

stork

sophiapclark
by on Sep. 13, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Ok this is really weird! I was going to post pretty much the same question - I'm glad you did! With my first 3 pregnancies (m/c the last one) I knew before the test but not right away - maybe a week or so past ovulation. My DH and I BD last week (Weds) when I think I ovulated and now I have that same taste in my mouth, that I did with my 3 pregnancies. I have this strange compulsion to brush my teeth, constantly LOL. I wore out so many toothbrushes when I was carrying my girls. OMG just thinking about it I have to go brush my teeth. I can't stand waiting until I can take the test!!

MomNdemand
by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 11:32 PM

My spouse told me I was but I was in denial because of the repeatly negatives test in the past. When I saw my flow in september I started to cry but he said baby just wait it will be gone in the morning and your dreams of having our baby will come true. And as sure as he said it , it was gone in the morning. We started to sleep alot and for some reason I always wanted hotdogs and a few weeks later I begin to run to the restroom more then usual but I didn't want to assume anything. Then after waking up 4 times in one night the last time I took the test with me and the result were positive I was and still am so excited. I have already made  my doctor's appt. and hope to receive an ultrasound. So I guess you can know before you actually know, if that makes any sence at all.

So congrads in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)