Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iron Chef- Japan or America??

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:43 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

So what country's Iron Chef do you prefer? And who is your fav chef?

Personally, I like Iron Chef Japan better (the REAL Iron Chef LOL!!), and my fav is Michiba. He was Iron Chef Japanese before Morimoto, and has since passed away  :(  Now that he's gone, I don't really have a favorite.
On Iron Chef America, I would have to say Morimoto & Cat Cora are my favs.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamiely78
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I like Iron Chef America better & Bobby Flay is my fav, although I really like Cat also

nat_mom_of2
by on May. 29, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I like Iron Chef AMERICA better and my favs are Bobby Flay and Mario Batalli

lore_tex
by on May. 30, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I like both the original as well as the American version. They're both "real" emslala. smile

I like the ingredients better on the American version because I don't like to eat so many raw meats as they generally prepare on the original Iron Chef.

I liked Morimoto on the original Iron Chef and I like Flay on the American version.

Judesmom04
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Aww i didnt know he passed away! I like Japan better. It is so funny!!! My fave is iron chef france.I'm not even gonna try to spell his name! & on iron chef america I love iron chef symon cuz he's a local Cleveland boy! Gotta root for the home team!

Quoting emslala:

Personally, I like Iron Chef Japan better (the REAL Iron Chef LOL!!), and my fav is Michiba. He was Iron Chef Japanese before Morimoto, and has since passed away  :(  Now that he's gone, I don't really have a favorite.

craftyzookeeper
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I did not know that Michiba passed away either. I lo ve both Iron chefs. I watch reruns of the original all the time. Morimoto is my favorite from the original and he carried on to the new one. I also really like cat cora and michael symon as well. I was rooting for Michael Symon to win when he was on the next Iron chef.

Quoting Judesmom04:

Aww i didnt know he passed away! I like Japan better. It is so funny!!! My fave is iron chef france.I'm not even gonna try to spell his name! & on iron chef america I love iron chef symon cuz he's a local Cleveland boy! Gotta root for the home team!

Quoting emslala:

God bless everyone Christi
momto2boys973
by on Jul. 2, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I love Iron Chef America and my fav is Bobby Flay.

Seems to me lots of challengers agree with me on that, he seems to be the more challenged one!

Sharon

RocknRoll4momma
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 1:58 AM

My favorite, is Iron Chef America, Ohh yeah.. And my favorite chef on the show would have to be, Cat. I've watched Iron Chef Japan. It didn't grab my attention, like america does.

Rocknroll4momma,

twirlies
by on Jul. 9, 2009 at 4:11 AM

I am a fan of both Japan and America, but I like Iron Chef America more. My favorite chef would Bobby. I would love to eat his food.

Lillian and Victoria's  Mommy

twin girls

alrad
by on Jul. 16, 2009 at 9:45 PM
I definitely prefer the original Iron Chef. I can't really put my finger on why, except maybe because I watched it for so long before Iron Chef America. I don't usually watch the American version, despite the fact that I adore Alton Brown (Good Eats is my favorite FN show).
gerigirl90
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Totally agree.  And I too, like Bobby Flay. 

Quoting jamiely78:

I like Iron Chef America better & Bobby Flay is my fav, although I really like Cat also

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)