Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Safer cleaning products + good old baking soda ( :

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 11:14 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 256 Total Views
Hi everyone.

I shop at an online store for safe non toxic products for cleaning.
I also use baking soda and vinegar although vinegar is stinky(!!!), i like to mix my bathroom cleaner with baking soda to make a sort of non toxic "scrubbing bubbles". I also buy stuff that removes paint and nail polish and non toxic and biodegradeable laundry detergent, softener, sheets, wrinkle relaxers, spot treatment, non toxic dish detergent (The store bought stuff is SO dangerous to your child and pets - dishwasher detergent will permanently burn their esophagus, stomach, intestines - even a small amount can be fatal).

I actually called poison control about the products to see what they would say about their safety and even if a kid drank a couple mouthfuls of their strongest solvent - the stuff i take my nail polish off with - they would not need to go to a hospital. If they drank a LOT then their blood alcohol would go high and they would need to go. But only because of alcohol, not toxic poisons.

I LOVE baking soda - I clean all fruit and veggies with it. I let my daughter (2) help me clean the sinks and stuff now too because I know its safe if she touches my cleaners.  i can also clean the bathroom while she takes a bath in the tub next to me - which is a timesaver! - instead of banishing her to the other end of the house and yelling every time she tries to come in while i'm cleaning so she doesnt get those fumes)
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)