Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New on here..

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 214 Total Views

hi. my daughter is 10 months old her name is Amina.. we discovered at 6 months she had ddh ,..to make a long story short nobody even bothered to check that even though she was born in a frank bearch position becuase she was born and started having seizures right away thats a story on its own. Anywhoo at 5 months she was hospitalized for seizures for a long time 3 motnhs and one of the docs was having a conversation with me bout her and he found out she was breached checked the hips and he said she has ddh.. well we tried 3 harnesses nothing worked. then 4 surgeries .. 3 open and 1 closed reduction.. the bone breaking and finally 3 months later she took the cast off on jan 8th..well the left hip looks great the right hip still is lose and its just wait and see now.. after the therapy starts then they will decide.

She is in alot of pain now really wont let us touch her .. ?is this normal after the cast gets taken off..

by on Jan. 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ladysylpher
by Member on Jan. 14, 2009 at 9:03 PM

As soon as the cast came off, they encouraged me to pick her up and hold her and try to comfort her as much as possible.  Usually they are just scared of the sound the big saw makes and get used to the feeling of not having the cast on after a few hours.

I dont see why she would be in any pain.

And what was that about her bone breaking?! I dont understand that part at all.  But you sound like a very special case. In my case, only 1 closed reduction fixed me. And only 1 open reduction and another surgery to take the metal out has fixed my daughter.

Good luck to you.

UlryMom
by Group Owner on Jan. 15, 2009 at 9:34 PM

My daughter acted like her leg hurt after each cast came off.  When the last one was taken off she was two and could talk.  I finally asked her if it hurt and she told us no and not to touch it.  It took her about a year to let us wash it properly.  She still pulls back a little if you touch it and she is five.  Now she tells it feels weird, not is a bad way but not good either.  I don't know if that helps.  I am really sorry you have had to go through this.  I hope you have had the support you needed.

Stacey

mahrmom
by on Jan. 17, 2009 at 1:51 AM

When my dd got her cast off after 6 weeks she was scared to death. She was 18 months at the time. We were told she only needed the brace at night but kept it on the first day just for comfort. I think their little legs get so stiff from being in that same position for awhile that it is just uncomfortable to move. We gave dd a bath that night and it seemed to help. Although she wouldn't let us touch her "boo boo's" (scar's) for a LONG time! Now she doesn't care and we tell her its her "special" mark.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)