Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats the best kinnda pet for a 2yr old?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:55 PM
  • 16 Replies

i am not shore if its a grate idea or not but i have pit bull and three cats i want to get my son a pet and start teaching him about responsability or is he to young should i wate till he is older or not bother please give me a shout

cat         Laurafavro3210

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicaRenee
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:56 PM

since you already have pets, I'd wait until he was older and asked for another pet, unless you really want to start taking care of another pet, cause a 2 year old won't really be able to do much yet.

.Molly.
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:58 PM

This. Not to mention, you owning pets is already teaching him. He doesn't need to have his own.

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

since you already have pets, I'd wait until he was older and asked for another pet, unless you really want to start taking care of another pet, cause a 2 year old won't really be able to do much yet.

cmb121906
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

This. It's just going to give YOU extra responsibilities. I;d def. wait.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

BrooklynnsMomy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:02 PM

i agree with everyone else!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

MariaDeLaLuz
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Oh get him a pet rock! Just kidding. I have to agree with everyone else. I would wait till he is older for him to get his own pet. Since you have current pets teach him responsibility of taking care of those ones. Show him how to feed, wash, and care for them. This is good because they are already use to him as well where depending on what type or new pet you get and age can be difficult for for both the pet and him. When he gets older though i would suggest whatever pet you get it might be nice to get it really young.

We bottle raised my friends kittens since they were 1 1/2 weeks. Their mom was hit by a car. We kep two of the kittens and they are now 6 months old. Our 2 and 4 yr old love these cats as well as the cats love them. The cats know not to scratch the boys when being carried and put up with quite a lot of cuddling from the boys. I think this gave them a special bond of having each other from the kittens young ages.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

LauraRuth3210
by on Feb. 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM

thanks for your advice i will keep it in mind but i just had another thought what about a fish i mean how meny kids sit in the dr office and stare at the fish tanks?

pregnant belly

MariaDeLaLuz
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 3:11 AM

Fish are great but you would have to worry about them wanting to play with them or getting into the water. Or they can be like me, I feed my pet fish some chicken and sweet tarts when i was little, lol

Quoting LauraRuth3210:

thanks for your advice i will keep it in mind but i just had another thought what about a fish i mean how meny kids sit in the dr office and stare at the fish tanks?

pregnant belly

penguinbabe44
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 9:42 AM

For a two year old I think a hamster would be best because they won't be as frisky with him and he won't have to go out and walk them and do all the really responsible things for a dog or a cat I believe. You can show him how to put the food in and how to put in the water and pet him from time to time and show him how to clean out the crate. I think it would be fun and more easier and simple to have this pet since he is only 2.

CafeMom Tickers
LauraRuth3210
by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 9:38 AM

thats a good idea ill keep that in mind even though im prolly going to wate cause i am 28weeks through my second pregnancy and i think that it would be difficalt his birthday is comeing up though maybe ill do something like that for him i am kinnda patial to fish though:) dumbbell

thank lauraruth 3210

yezay
by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Yea I'd go with a fish over a hampster, I know someone who just got a hampster and the thing run on its wheel ALL night!  Very annoying...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)