• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question of the Week 1/25 (diff from debate of the week)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:57 PM
  • 12 Replies

So we are going to have a Question (or topic) of the week. Us Mods will try to keep from repeating questions, and please correct us if you've already seen this question in one of our weekly stickies.

This weeks question:

"What is the proudest moment you've have since becoming a mother?"

Mine, so far, was when I bought my car. I was so proud that I was doing something to benefit my son. I was making a big move that could save his life one day. I bought a car that was bigger and safer and newer. I could make sure my son got to doctor's appointments, playdates, whatever and wherever we needed to go. And most importantly I was OK enough to be able to purchase this vehicle. I wasn't putting myself in unmanagable debt, I was ok, and I was going to continue to be ok, and I was doing this on my own. It really felt great.

This might seem insignificant but my son's father was a controller and an abuser and made me feel, through our entire relationship, that was nothing, worthless. And he had also gotten our finances in the position where we had no house, a crappy car, bills up the ying yang, and were living with my parents. I FELT worthless because I couldn't provide for my son. The state was buying his formula and my MOM was buying his diapers. So this was the first big thing I had done to ensure mine and my son's future (besides leaving his father).

--The second most proudest moment was when I won full custody and got everything I wished for. My son's "father" isn't even allowed to see him.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orange4agua72
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM

My goodness.... there are SOOO many. But I'll just chose one: The day my children all started calling my husband daddy. It still melts my heart to see how much they love him...... (Even tho he's not my girls bio dad, he's SOOOO much more of a FATHER then my ex will ever be to them!!!)

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
fairymom2316
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I think for me is seeing them learn. My daughter just started Prek this last fall and it amazes me how much and how quickly she picks up on things. It makes me so proud when she comes home and she comments on what she learned that day. Since my 2 year old listens to her a lot, he started learning his alphabet and now knows most of it.

mommies_4_boys
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:02 AM

One of my many proudest moments is when my 5 year came home from school and says "Mommy I know you dropped out in school, and I am not sure exactly what that means, but I know its not good, so you need to go back and finish school just like the rest of us will." I was so proud of him I started to tear up. So here I am almost 6 months later going to school full time to get my G.E.D. I am in what is called the Build a Youth Program thats for another post. 

baby boytoddler boyboy on a swingbackpack

stephs0105
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:59 AM

mine is right now im studying to get my lisence so i can take my kids to their dr appointments and not have to worry about asking for a ride im with their dad and we got a car but half the time his work dont let him get off even when the kids are real sick so me studying for a lisence is a big deal for me im always having to ask for a ride and me and the kids are always inside with a car i will be able to take them out to the park  once i get it i get a car and hopefully after that im looking to take ged classes once i find them in my area

Image hosted by ImageShack
unbrokenhellmus
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:38 AM

My proudest moment has to be when my daughter ( who is 3 on Friday) told my MIL that she wanted to be just like mommy. My MIL has always thought that I was worthless and did her best to teach my children to hate me. I have a very evil MIL, thankfully we don't see her anymore.  Having my daughter say that she wanted to be just like me, made me realize that she didn't learn what MIL was trying to teach her.

pandapoo100
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM

mine was when i upgraded from a car to a cross over

boy on a swinggirl on a swingtoddler girlpregnant belly

Amber_McDowell
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 2:33 AM

id have to say her ability to learn STILL amazes me...she knows the alphabet(skips letters occasionally but shes 2) she can count to 10 with no problem and to fifteen but she adds 'ixteen' to the end of them... she sings twinkle twinkle little star... pat a cake... jingle bells... i love you(the barney song)... the songs my mil made up about the dogs( between us theres 5 and 2 have their own song and she memorized them both after just a couple days)as well as a couple more that im not sure wha the titles are...she knows her colors and shapes...shell sometimes confuse blue with purple or orange with brown but she knows them most of the time....im a very proud mother and couldnt be happier with my 2 yr old!!! :D

KatieMommy9303
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 7:55 AM

One of my proudest moments of my little man was:

He was playing some video games with his cousin and it was my sons turn, he was running out of time and about to loose the game. Well his cousin is freaking out yelling "YOU'RE GONNA LOOSE! HURRY UP, YOU'RE GONNA LOOSE!!!" He was all worked up and getting upset that my son was going to loose the level. That's when my son paused the game and turned to him and said "Ricky......it's not about winning it's about having fun. Don't you know that??" I was soooooooooo proud of him! 

beautiful_life
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Wow this is hard, because I have many to pick from. I guess my proudest moment was when I held my girls for the first time. That was the most amazing feeling in the world. So many mixed emotions. And just knowing that they are so pure, so innocent.

nevergiveupmom
Isn't it sad when some people can't do anything without help. Can't claim to be independent if you refuse to do anything on your own. And if you are forced to do it yourself you blow up. Sorry that isn't being independent. I know everyone needs help but with everything. I'm surprised you can go to the bathroom on your own.
Yesterday at 3:07 PM
by on Jan. 31, 2010 at 10:55 PM

My proudest time was when my DS & DD stuck up for their lil sis when they were playing at the McD's playland. A little boy was being mean to her. They got after the boy telling him to be nice and not to hurt their little sister's feelings. They came down right afterwards and the little boy's father had his son apologize. I was so proud of them!

Loving mommy to four beautiful babies

hangoutcorner.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)