Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

..hmm..

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 12:46 AM
  • 14 Replies

two posts in one night about not using condoms. maybe things are different as a young person nowadays, but when i was a teen, i was PARANOID (along with my b/f) about getting pregnant! is it really so difficult to get on birth control? or put a rubber on?

by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilovemyprince82
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 1:04 AM

to answer your question for some people YES. Teens want the "natural feel" a condom will "hinder" the feeling and then the male can't "get off" at least that's my best guest as to why they don't use them. There are centers who will give teenage girls cheap birth control pills if not free birth control pills and tests and all sorts of stuff. they just don't care.

supermom3806
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I'm with you I was so scared that I was going to get pregnant && end up like my mom. She had me right after high school && I didn't want that. I got on birth control && when we did start having sex we used a condom every single time but of course one of our methods failed because I ended up pregnant. I really don't see how hard it is to get on birth control or get condoms. It's so easy && yes its not romantic but what would you pick a screaming baby or putting on a condom. I would pick the condom.

my husband is the only person I have been with too && everything just turned out right for me

Ataxia
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Yesss, it is hard. For teens anyways. Most parents are so "YOU BETTER NOT BE HAVING SEX OR I'LL KICK YOU OUT!!!! GRRRR" that the teen is so afraid of admiting his/her sexual activity that they rather just have sex and be quiet. You need money to buy condoms and some parents actually ask what you use the money for, and they are easy to find if you happen to forget them in your room.

You also need money (or in most states) prescriptions to get birth controls. So obviously, for that too you need your parents consent.

So yes, not only is it easier to just have sex when the mood comes without having to put Mr. Rubber on, it's hard to admit to a strict parent that you want to protect yourself, because they are afraid. 

BaBiiMaMa89
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 1:11 AM

so unfortunate. Honestly. That's probably why teen pregnancy is up what 20% since '95?  I am too, a young mom, but I have never lied about being on BC or had unprotected sex with someone I hardly know. Ever. It's not an age thing, it's a common sense thing.

I am a 20 year old, Mommy to 3 beautiful babies, Javier Brandon (7-8-06), Karina Adriana (8-8-08), and Christian Juan (10-20-09). I am a Vaxing, Spanking when necessary, Breast Feeding, Previous formula feeding, disposable diaper using, c-sectioned 3X, as long as my kids are happy, I'm happy kinda mama :)

BaBiiMaMa89
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Quoting Ataxia:

Yesss, it is hard. For teens anyways. Most parents are so "YOU BETTER NOT BE HAVING SEX OR I'LL KICK YOU OUT!!!! GRRRR" that the teen is so afraid of admiting his/her sexual activity that they rather just have sex and be quiet. You need money to buy condoms and some parents actually ask what you use the money for, and they are easy to find if you happen to forget them in your room.

You also need money (or in most states) prescriptions to get birth controls. So obviously, for that too you need your parents consent.

So yes, not only is it easier to just have sex when the mood comes without having to put Mr. Rubber on, it's hard to admit to a strict parent that you want to protect yourself, because they are afraid. 

omg but CONDOMS are FREE in sooo many places. Planned Parenthood, the local health department. These guys that 'can't feel anything w/ a condom on' are going to be feeling alot less when there is a baby in the room screaming! I just wish schools would finally break down and hand out free condoms. teenagers are gonna have sex. period. They should just be precautious and and smart about it. IMO!

I am a 20 year old, Mommy to 3 beautiful babies, Javier Brandon (7-8-06), Karina Adriana (8-8-08), and Christian Juan (10-20-09). I am a Vaxing, Spanking when necessary, Breast Feeding, Previous formula feeding, disposable diaper using, c-sectioned 3X, as long as my kids are happy, I'm happy kinda mama :)

Emerald_storm01
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 3:11 AM

I agree.completely!  When I was younger I stopped EVERYTHING if I found out that neither of us had a condom!  No way no how would I do it, I was so scared of getting pregnant or getting an STD!  I went to Planned Parenthood when I started having sex, and they gave like  dozen condoms in a brown paper bag.  There were even different colors and flavors in there, lol  When I was 17 I went and got on birth control and STILL took the free condoms they gave me.  I never did tell my parents for years that I was going to Planned Parenthood, but I risked it because I figured having to tell them I was using condoms was a HELL of a lot better than having to tell them I was pregnant or had a disease.

KohensMummy
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 9:14 AM

I find, myself. It's just ignorance and irresponsibility on their part. There are so many places to get condoms for FREE, and regardless. If 1 persons parents are tightwads then there is the other half that could attain it.

Does sex feel better w/o? Absolutely, but is it worth the 18 to life risk, heck no! Generally, it's more of an embarrassment factor than anything else, they are to egotistical to pull up their socks and be mature about the entire situation. I am only 23years old. Did I end up in situations as a teenager, absolutely. Did I learn from them, and not repeat. ABSOLUTELY.

BAMBAMmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 11:42 AM

To the 1st PP, I don't get the whole "natural feel" thing. To me, it doesn't feel any different. And my boyfriend says it doesn't feel any different for him, and he still gets off just fine.

I am on birth control (Mirena) but we wear a condom EVERY time. I'm not taking the chance of being that .01% that MIrena doesn't work for. Hell even last weekend when we were DRUNK (celebrating my 21st) things started to progress and by the time he was trying to actually do it I stopped him and told him this was probably a good time to put on a condom.

I don't care if you're in the heat of the moment or it's a "mood killer" or what. It's not that difficult. It takes 30 seconds or less for a guy to put on a condom. So 30 seconds is going to completely kill the moment for you?

I got pregnant at 18, I was in a stable relationship (I had only been dating the guy 4 months but it was the longest relationship I had ever been in until then). He ended up turning out to be abusive and controlling and I left him. We never used a condom not once, and I pay for that, but my son is a consequence I wouldn't take back.

When I first started dating my boyfriend now we weren't have sex at all, we waited. The first couple times we did it we didn't use a condom (I don't think he had any?) I thought I was at least OK because I was on birth control but in the days that followed I was SO paranoid about being that small percentage that the IUD doesn't work for and getting pregnant again. So we sat down and had a little talk and went out to buy some condoms. We have used one every time since.

mamajen07
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 12:37 PM

but with that mentality...you need a HELLUVA lot more money to have a baby! at least where i am, at 16, doctors are not allowed by law to divulge your personal info to your parents. so at 17 (when *I* started having sex), i was on birth control, and my parents didn't know it. and i worked, so i could afford it!

Quoting Ataxia:

LilGina
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM

I think people WANT to get pregnant no offense to anyone but there are alot of ppl in this group who are 21-22-23 with 3 and 4 kids and "baby fever" kills me when ppl say that its like you have 2 kids your on welfare and you have baby fever ppl need to realize once you have a kid is about THEM whats best for THEM not what YOU want or what YOUR fever is

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)