Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Baby Can Read...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:03 PM
  • 29 Replies

Does anybody have any reviews on the "Your Baby Can Read product?" My kids are 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 and my mother in law wants to buy it for them...The reviews I am reading online are mixed...Has anyone tried it? 

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bren07
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:32 PM

i have not tired it but i considered it..a friend of mine has it and her little boy loves it..

luv_my_xiya
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:33 PM

we bought it when dd was about 18 months...she didnt want to watch it, it was very boring...so we sold it after having it for a month

pisces_chick89
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:26 PM

the videos are so boring...when i put it on for my kids,they gave me this look like you have to be shitting me.

i put as much stock in that as when they claim poodles can read

IheartArianna07
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:36 PM

We just bought it for DD. She is a little over two. I sit and watch the video with her. I act like the video is fun and exciting so she thinks it is too. Her favorite is the slider cards and the books because they pul out and she loves doing it on her own. She said a lot of words on her own already but she is starting to read some of them already. She knows she cant pull on the pull out section unless she attempts at the words. Its working for us but I think it depends on how much effort both the parents and the child put into it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
MamaToLucas
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM

I've never used it but I think the whole idea of pushing academic skills on children before at least first grade is ridiculous and stupid and just developmentally WRONG.

MommyOutland
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I called to order it. but omg it was crazy expensive. i ove my kids and all. i really want them to be smart but I also have to put a roof over their heads. But i wish i could afford it. i would most def try it.

erika_wright
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM

its a waste of money.many kids that learn to read by sight memorization, and not phonetically have a much harder time staying caught up in school later in life.

CJsMommy312
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:01 AM

My husband really wants to get this for our daughter. A friend of his has it for her daughter and she says it works great. So my FIL is planning on getting for our daughter for her first birthday.

baby in slingnavy

Wife to a Sailor and Mommy to a baby girl

tankgirl84
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Own it and it's a waste of money. It was a gift and i could see maybe if you only had 1 child and they couldn't move around like 6 months old. Because they want you to play the dvd 2 times a day for them *i can't get my kids to sit through them* And then they have flash cards and books that they want you to do every day! Oh and your kids should know the words in like a month before they go on to the next dvd and flash cards.

It might work for some but all in all save the money tell her to get a baby can sign dvd. Those seemed helpful! LOL!

SkylinesMommy
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:06 AM

i didnt need it my child is 3 and can already read over 20 words and i only showed him how to sound out one of the words.... from then on he just kinda took off with it. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)