Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

toddler that doesnt sleep all night =[ help

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

so my son is now 16months and he doesnt sleep all night . he goes to bed sometimes around 10-1030 & wakes up at 730ish am but in between that he wakes up ery hour 1/2 or 2 hours to drink from his sippy cup . besides that he cries all day almost he is so spoiled but not even spoiled cause i dont spend the day carrying him or even giving him 100% attention. he was never a bad baby . he slept all night thru since he was about a month old he never cried but i mean never like we would check to see if he was alive cuz even wanting something he never cried now he is the opposite fussy all day crying & not sleeping al night. 

i have tried to take the sippy away at night time he drinks juice not milk he doesnt like milk & especially room temp. also i have tried to feed him shortly b4 he goes to bed but doesnt really work he will eat strawberries or grapes or bannanas but that doesnt realli full him its like bed time snack. i just dont know what to do anymore .

im 19 years old & 2 parent family but currently not living with his daddy till we get back on our feet, i dont have any extra help & im 22 weeks pregnant + this lasst week or so ive been really sick fever, coughing flu symptons ect . im just very overwhelmed i need ur help/advice. thanx

pregnancy

babies
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kiddiecare05
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Did you live with his dad before? It could be that he doesnt like the change and will take some time to adapt. Sometimes kids can also sense when a baby is coming/the changes in their mom, at least IMO. My son was 18 months when his brother was born and he got really agitated a month or two before I delivered and it lasted until his brother was born.

My son also went through phases where he would wake up in the middle of the night and cry/whine/etc. Finally I just stopped going in there and comforting him every time and he weaned himself off of it.

I would nip the juice drinking in the bud though, that combined with the sugars in the fruits before bed could be making him antsy. I would save juice for the daytime and only give water or milk after a certain time. My son LOVES juice, is okay with milk, and hates water, so I know it can be a pain to deal with the begging, but I consider it a lesson for him that he cant always have what he wants. Good luck to you!

Tumamita05
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:47 PM

yeah we use to live with his dad but he was like that for a while even with dad. he's been with the whole crankiness since he was like yr old . pretty much since we found we were having baby #2 

Quoting kiddiecare05:

Did you live with his dad before? It could be that he doesnt like the change and will take some time to adapt. Sometimes kids can also sense when a baby is coming/the changes in their mom, at least IMO. My son was 18 months when his brother was born and he got really agitated a month or two before I delivered and it lasted until his brother was born.

My son also went through phases where he would wake up in the middle of the night and cry/whine/etc. Finally I just stopped going in there and comforting him every time and he weaned himself off of it.

I would nip the juice drinking in the bud though, that combined with the sugars in the fruits before bed could be making him antsy. I would save juice for the daytime and only give water or milk after a certain time. My son LOVES juice, is okay with milk, and hates water, so I know it can be a pain to deal with the begging, but I consider it a lesson for him that he cant always have what he wants. Good luck to you!

pregnancy

babies
fireice
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Have you tried giving him some water at night instead of juice.  Fruit is great in the mornings and lunch but not so good at night.  Fruit has natural sugars in it that are great for energy.   And 100% juice is pure energy to a child.  Koolaid is all suger wich can be great for energy tell you come down from it then kids seem to get crabby.  What you could do for bed time snack is a bowl of cerial, peanut butter sandwich, my girls eat dry cerial for a bed time snack once in a while. 

We have had to change my kids diets because i didn't know what fruit and juice were doing to their energy lvls.  I hope this works :)  Good luck.

fireice
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Oh also if your child has to much juice and fruit to drink it can cause bladder infection and urinary tract infections.  My youngest had one about a month ago because everyone in the house was drinking the water way to fast and all that was left for the kids was juice.  (we can't drink our tap water).  Anyway just a thought. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)