Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Everyone's got a story =)

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

What's yours? I find this stuff to be interesting.

I dated a guy that my parents totally hated and tried in all ways to stop us from seeing each other. In all honesty, he wasn't my type, but my parents didn't like him and i was in my rebellious stage.Eventually my parents gave up and said that it was ok but would've liked for me to get on BC. I went to that appointment and that's when I found out i was pregnant. I was 17 years old and my parents kicked me out.

It was perhaps the best and worst thing that could've ever happened to me. I married my boyfriend, slept in cars, hotels, and eventually stayed with his family towards the end of my pregnancy. It forced me to grow up a lot. When my little girl was born, my whole family changed their minds about the situation and welcomed my DD to the family. I moved back with my parents by myself when i realized my husband was not a conducive role in my DD's life.

I turned my entire life around. I now have my own place, an amazing boyfriend (I got divorced in december!) who takes care of both me and my daughter, and have talked about having another little one.

i was young when I got pregnant and obviously had some growing up to do but I did it! So anyone who shoots me a dirty look for being a teenage mommy, can suck it! lol I did everything I needed to provide for my daughter and myself on my own.

It's been a rough road i've chosen, but i wouldn't change it for the world! How about you?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:33 PM

im glad things have worked out for you and that your family came around!

when i was 18, i moved out of my parents house and lived w my bf at the time and his parents. it was meant to be temporary and i was actively looking for somewhere else to go. bf broke up w me in nov 2006, and so i moved in w some friends in a house. this whole time i was going to school full time and working about 70 hours a week. i wasnt too broken up about the end of my relationship, but i had beenw him for 3 years so it was definately not easy bc of that.

about a month later i "accidentally" started dating my best friend lol. we had always had major chemistry, but he lived in santa barbara, i in san diego, and we were never single at the same time. he was down for winter break and we went ice skating w a big group of frieds, then the 2 of us went out for coffee after. one thing led to another, and i didnt get home till 4am (i had a final at 8! lol) my roomates were all up waiting for me too.

by feb we were engaged, ad i was making plans to move to santa barbara and do school up there. i had even already put in my transfer. in april we found out i was pregnant, and we got married in may. my parents were against it, and didnt come to our wedding. but  things mended and by the time my daugher was born they were thrilled and now dh is the favorite son-in-law. we even lived w my paents when we moved back to San diego. now we have been married almost 3 years, we boughta condo last year, i ama sahm and expecing our first boy in july!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Congratulations! I'm glad it finally worked out between you two! I always liked a happy ending! lol

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Okay, well i was 18 when i found out i was pregnant. I had been with my boyfriend for 3 years, and it was VERY unexpected since i was on BC and he always used condoms. So At the time i was living about a 1/2 hr away from him and i should have known in the beginning that it wouldnt last. He came to my 1st doctors appt and was a dick the whole time.. second guessing everything the doctor said, just trying to be a douche. So we stayed together my whole pregnancy. and eventually moved in together. but its like i would never see him. he'd work 10 hr days an hour away from home, so he'd come home eat and go to sleep. i saw him maybe a hour or two out of the day.. and once the weekend rolled around he would take off with the boys for the weekend. To supposedly "get it out of his system" before the baby came along. so once i was 20 weeks along.. he never showed up to the gender ultrasound.. and things were just getting progressively worse but i wouldnt leave because i was in love with him, or so i thought. Then 30 weeks came around and i went into labor. he never came to the hospital. gladly they could stop it. and after i came home i didnt talk to him for a week or so. i went to our house while he was at work and grabbed clohes for the week and stayed with my best friend. then somehow he weasled his way back in and i forgave him. Then 35 weeks rolled around and went into labor again. and same thing happened. he didnt show, and they stopped it. But at that point i moved all my things out and moved back home with my parents. ANd the day i was 37 weeks i went into labor and they didnt stop it. After laboring for 6 hours he showed. I was so pissed at him but i wanted him there for the birth of our child. so after 16 hours of natural labor Aidyn was born november 3rd. and things changed. temporarily. He was an amazing father until he was 5 weeks old. he supposedly was going home to get things to stay the night with us.. and i havent seen him since December 1st. 1 day after our 4 year anniversary. hes missed out on so much and honestly i dont care, my lil man deserves much better than him. and i should have known things wouldnt have worked out from the beginning but i was hopeful he'd want to be there for his son. oh well. Now that hes oficially out of the picture for good, Aidyn and I have never been happier. :) I now work from home and will be going back to college next quarter so i still get to be at home with my lil man and can provide for him WITHOUT his help. And i wouldnt have it any other way.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:05 PM

i believe all things happen for a reason!

i was in foster care my whole life tho i spent my last ten years of "childhood" in one house. i had to grow up extremely quick to help take care of my mentally challanged little brother who is only a  year younger than i.  after years of neglect and abuse i met my boyfriend and it was instant love. we just fit each others personality.  i aged out and moved in with him

i concieved the day we moved in together at 18.  we took things one day at a time until she was born no money and one paycheck to live off of. but we pinched pennies

i went out in search of my birth parents and found my birth father last christmas and we hav been building our bond. funny how we are so alike personality and looks!

now im going on baby number two. but i know i can handle it. 2 at 20 isnt so bad.

chewable bits of love

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:19 PM

I was sixteen when I found out I was pregnant, I was supposed to get surgery on my cervix, and that's the day they told me I was pregnant. I was too scared to tell my dad myself, so I asked my doctor to tell him and she did. My dad came into the room and told me he was disappointed in me, but said we'd get through it and he hugged me. I waited a day to tell my mom, but when I did tell her she was very supportive; I guess it's because she knew what I was going through because she was also a teen mom. My fiance was also very excited about it. I worked my ass off in school while I was pregnant to make sure my senior year would be easy since Peyton would be born by then.

For the last three months of my pregnancy my fiance was at basic training for the military, and I went into labor the day after he came home. Peyton was born 3 weeks early, but she was very healthy. Becoming a mom definitely made me grow up. I do have a lot of mental support from my parents but my fiance and I support her one hundred percent. We are raising her. Our relationship has definitely struggled since, but we know we love each other and we try to stay strong for each other and our beautiful daughter.

I am now guaranteed to graduate in June, and i will be 18 years old next month. My fiance, our daughter and I are moving into our own apartment right after graduation and we couldn't be more excited. Peyton is the absolute best thing that has happened to us, I wouldn't change a thing. (: 

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I had my son at 17 i am now 21! So I met Leo when i was 17 and he was my first love and my first time! I got preg. at my going away party ( I lived in CA and he was stationed there (Marine) my parents descided to move to SC so i was 17 and had to go :(  ) I did not find out i was preg until a month later and he was there for me over the phone. I found out i was prego aug.06 and he deployed to Japan Jan. 07 he was there until Jan 08 so he was deployed almost all my pregnancy and wasnt there for the birth of his son. now before u go awwww thats a good exscuse not to be there... there is more lol. once he deployed i found out he got a 16 year old prego when he went back to Philly for his R&R before deployment. All these lies unfolded and here i was 17 about to have a baby with another girl about to have a baby 5 months after me. He broke me down till there was nothing left. LONG story but he is now 22 and has 5 kids by three different women. my son is the first. Any way 2 years ago i met Chris and he has been there for me and Jay through everything. He is truly Jays real dad. He loves him with all his heart and they both are just perfect together. I am blessed to find someone who loves us both for who we r. After years of pain and neglect by Leo , Chris's love and lots of councling lol me and Leo are now good friends. He pays his child support and then some whenever i need it. He takes care of his son finicially and still claims he loves me but for now that love will have to stay as friend love. Chris is there for the both finicial and emotional so i know have to good men in my sons life. In the begining i thought my life was over but God changed things for the better.  I am almost done with school to be a teacher, and i work from home while taking care of my own son , in my own house, and i have my own car. Not bad for a teen mom , i feel like i have come along way in 4 years.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I'm going to try to make this as brief and to the point as possible, LOL.  :)

hubby and I met in highschool, I was 15 and he was 17. and even at those "young and naieve" ages...we just knew we were soulmates. we dated all throughout highschool and went off to college together in Aug of '07 (hubby actually graduated a year before me, but stuck around our hometown for a year and worked full-time so we could go off to college together when I graduated.)

I got pregnant in Feb '08 (found out in March). I was 18 and my hubby was 20, and we'd been together for 3 1/2 years. it was VERY unexpected, but we took it with stride. I moved back to our hometown in May '08 after my semester was over, and  hubby graduated college in June '08 and then moved back home and we got our own place.

he proposed to me in July when I was 5mos pregnant. our son was then born in November, we'd been together for 4yrs and I was then 19 and hubby was 21.

we got married September 5th, 2009. our son was 9 1/2 mos old, and it was just shy of our 5 yrs of being together!

we've now been married for 6mos, together for 5 1/2 years! hubby is working full-time at a GREAT job! I'm going to school full-time (never quit going, a huge accomplishment for me! lol) and I also have a part-time job! I'll be done with school in just a year!

things have worked about beautifullly! (not that I ever doubted they woudln't! lol) things just played out a little backwards in reality than it had over the years in my head. but that's okay, God works in amazing and mysterious ways!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 2:48 PM

My family was very abusive, and my stepfather saw me as a girlfriend, not a daughter, so he was possessive. That led me to keep my boyfriend, Joseph, a secret from them for the 2 1/2 years that we dated. A week before my 18th birthday, my parents and I got in a huge fight that involved me being lifted off of the floor (literally) by my hair. I left very early the next morning, called Joseph, and he drove the 5 hours to come and pick me up. We were married 1 month and 10 days after I turned 18 (it took that long for the paperwork to go through). My parents found out I was married and disowned me, not for having gotten married, but for having married a hispanic man. THey are very predjudice and are a 'white supremicist' family. Which, obviously, I am not. On our wedding night we concieved my dd (cliche, isnt it?), and she was born 5 weeks premature on January 8th. We had a hard time at first, living in a garage with very little heat and not having the things we needed, but we moved into a house with his family in November, 2 months before my dd was born, and are now safe, comfortable, and happy. I turn 19 tomorrow, and have no idea where the past year has gone. We chose a rough path, but we're happier for it. I wouldn't change a thing.  

by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 6:51 PM

i started dating J at 14, my mom thought he was the devil and tried to keep us apart. didn't work. found out i was pregnant at 17, had #1 at 18. had #2 at 20, got married at 21, had #3 7 months later. we have been together 9 years, married 2, have 2 children here and 1 in heaven. that's the condensed version.

by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 6:53 PM

awwww =)i'm glad everyone has a happy ending. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)