Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your S/O love your post-pregnancy body?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:57 PM
  • 26 Replies

I was wondering if any of you moms have an SO that still loves your body even after the changes. Including stretchmarks. I was watching tv by the way and I heard about this new thing they came out with that gets rid of stretchmarks and it's not bio-oil it's something else. Have you saw the commercial? My bf still likes to rub my tummy and look at it but I'm embarrassed of it a little bit because it's so dark and my belly button is still poked out. What about you all?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SheciaBaby
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Well my daughter is almost two and im not with her dad.. my fiance wants another baby and he loves the new curves my body has to offer. im like u; hating tht hes touching my fat that my daughter gave me and my hideous stretch marks.. not to mention when she was 2 mnths i had gallbladder surgery so i have marks from tht... dont feel left out.. i hear ya girl !

Caitlinsmom09
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:04 PM

My fiance loves my body. So he says. He says I look more beautiful than ever. Even before my stretch marks when i was 110lbs. He says it so convincingly that I just have to believe him. Man I love that. I'm still kinda embarrassed but he still makes me feel great lol.  Blushy

LittleKrittle
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:04 PM

My DF says he does... but you can tell he says it to make me feel better, you know? Cause in all truth, I KNOW my stomach looks aweful after 2 c-sections. I honestly dont care ONE bit about the stretch marks, but that freaking pouch hanging there is disgusting to look at. I am thinking really hard about a tummy tuck.

SheciaBaby
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:13 PM

that must be hard(the c section) i am hoping i never have to do tht in my life.. personally i prefer pushing. ..

Quoting LittleKrittle:

My DF says he does... but you can tell he says it to make me feel better, you know? Cause in all truth, I KNOW my stomach looks aweful after 2 c-sections. I honestly dont care ONE bit about the stretch marks, but that freaking pouch hanging there is disgusting to look at. I am thinking really hard about a tummy tuck.

LittleKrittle
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:15 PM

My first was an emergency, and with my second DD the doctor said that I was too tiny to try to push.... oh well. Whats done is done.

Quoting SheciaBaby:

that must be hard(the c section) i am hoping i never have to do tht in my life.. personally i prefer pushing. ..

Quoting LittleKrittle:

Love_My_Leah
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Well.. it looks basically the same as it did before, minus the stretch marks. But those have pretty much faded. The only thing different is my boobs are smaller and less full, so once we are done having babies Im getting a boob job. But he doesnt think I need one, he says I look great the way I am. But he understands that its something Im self-conscious about so he's supportive in that regard.

Are you talking about the new Mederma Stretch Mark stuff?? I saw an ad for that online!

carliemarie1015
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:21 PM

my hubby still loves me---ALL of me.  :)

he's always telling me I'm beautiful and sexy...and I love that he loves me no matter what. it took me awhile though to accept my new body and be "comfortable" with myself.

but, now that it's been awhile (15mos) since my son was born, it's gotten better. the stretchmarks fade and I lost all the weight. my body will always "look different", but I've come to accept it, and be happy with what I have! no sense in being unhappy over it, it's not changin!

:)

Karasmomma2007
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Ugh! He says he does but I know better!! I weigh the same as before I got pregnant, but my stomach is ruined! Plus the nasty pooch I have from my c-section. Ya, theres no way anybody would love my body =(

LilGina
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:19 AM

I still pretty much look the same a few light stretch marks you can only see if your really looking but even if i was alot bigger he would love me i mean he has no room to talk any way out of the 2 of us hes the one that gained the most weight haha

erika_wright
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:27 AM

i was pretty self concious at first, but dh never acted any different about my body. that helped meget over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)