Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Found out something interesting....

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:29 PM
  • 10 Replies

So, I was going through Missouri's Sex Offender list, and I clicked on the county I live in. I was just kind of scanning through the large list of offenders, and came across one in particular. The man happened to be the father of one of my ex-boyfriends! Now, how scary is that? I mean, I never liked the guy to begin with because he was a jerk, but to find out that he's on that list just made me speechless! He was charged with child molestation in the 2nd degree.

I'm glad I looked through the list. DH and I are currently looking for a good place to move to, so when we really get more involved in looking, I'm definitely going to print that list off, and make sure we'll be in a safe enough environment for our son, and ourselves.

Just thought I'd share. Hope everyone is having a good night.

I'm a proud mommy to three boys, Douglas Gerard III: b/d March 4th 2008, Deagyn Gabriel: March 15th 2009, and Bradyn Joseph: b-January 9th 2010 d-January 10th 2010. Proud wife to Douglas for 2 years now. I'm an ex-breastfeeding, Huggies diapering, anti-CIO, vaxing, circing, occasional co-sleeping, March of Dimes momma who takes life one day at a time and enjoys every moment of my family's life.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilGina
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:17 AM

geezz that is freaky and scray

Kim24kids
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Yikes!!They are everywhere=/

MariaDeLaLuz
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 2:16 AM

That is scary. The town I live in had one of the highest sex offender populations in the state. This is in partial to the fact that we have the rison right outside of town. It is really creepy to me. I found out my mom's foster kids uncle is an offender and even a few people I was friends with in high school are offenders.

BrooklynnsMomy
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 8:51 AM

thats  creepy! my husbands best friend is a reg sex offender...but the girl was 17 and her dad filed the charges and yah idk the rest, BUT i know he is a great guy he actually has custody of one of his kids because his ex wife only wanted teh girl and not hte boy so yah he def got his life back on track. but when hubby first told me he was a reg sex offender i was like he better not come by here again lol

mamajen07
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 1:43 PM

i don't believe in those sex offender sites. do they even tlel you what they were convicted for or why they had to register?

they don't have those sites in canada, and i think for good reason. =)

brittnicole1106
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 1:58 PM

she said he was charged with child molestation in the 2nd degree.....

That is freaky! I'm constantly scanning the list in our area looking for people I know. Thankfully we are a safe enough distance away from most of them

Quoting mamajen07:

i don't believe in those sex offender sites. do they even tlel you what they were convicted for or why they had to register?

.Molly.
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 2:59 PM

I have NO faith in those sites. I didn't before this, but here's a story for you:

before this current quarter that I am in for school started, I got a letter from school stating that there was a sex offender in my class. It summed up his charges and everything. I was pretty creeped out and then a couple of weeks later I had him in a group for a group project and I was even more freaked out because it required contact outside of the classroom. Then, less than a month ago, I get another letter stating that the college database made a false match with a person of the same name in Washington state and that the guy in My class was NOT a sex offender. Poor guy, had NO CLUE that anyone had gotten this letter in the first place.

I, first of all, was appalled and it just went forth to renew my belief that the system for registered sex offenders and helping to keep the public safe needs a major overhaul.

mamajen07
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 5:11 PM

but that doesn't tell you what happened. child molestation in the 2nd degree could mean anything. as bad as well, you know, and someone peeing on the street and was seen by a child. kwim?

Quoting brittnicole1106:

she said he was charged with child molestation in the 2nd degree.....

That is freaky! I'm constantly scanning the list in our area looking for people I know. Thankfully we are a safe enough distance away from most of them

Quoting mamajen07:

n03z07l08
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 6:53 PM

That is kind of freaky! But like some others said,those lists dont always help. My best friends dad is on one..I've known him since I was 5 and he's like a father to me,hes too nice and that got him in trouble.

Also one more thing to remember..Just cause an area doesnt have any registered sex offenders doesn't always mean your safe...Its the ones who havent been caught that you have to worry about. Just some food for thought =)

BrooklynnsMomy
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 7:13 PM

im kinda with jen, but also dont take the time to look at them either i dont think its that big of a deal...watch your kids you never know about anything these days!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)