Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Runny Nose Help!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter has a runny stuffy nose. She has been fussy since yesterday and now her nose is all stuffy and pouring snot *sorry if that's tmi*

I'm not sure what to do for her to help her be more comfortable tonight and tomorrow.

I know not to give her any cold medicine or anything like that she is only 9 months old.

She will let me wipe her nose most of the time but I can't get anywhere near her with the nasal aspirator thing. I don't have the money for a humidifier right now.

I know I'm running on and on-sorry.  Any suggestions would be great!

THANKS!

CafeMom Tickers 

Pennies for Penny 

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Caitlinsmom09
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Goodnight everyone! I'll check back tomorrow and see if anyone can help thanks! :)

MariaDeLaLuz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Pouring snot isn't TMI, lol. I would think there are a few things that could be wrong ranging from a cold to allergy's. If it doesn't clear up soon from what you are doing already I would suggest to get her seen. It may be nothing but if it keeps up it would be nice to see if there is any other way to relieve her of this and make sure it doesn't turn into a sinus infection or something. Other than that keep it clean, maybe try to vicks rub, or a few minutes in a warm tub to help break it up.

mamajen07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:59 AM

tylenol =) it doesn't hurt to give them a little of the infant's kind - ds has a little cold too and i give him just under the recommended dose for his size and he slept so well. and i rubbed baby vicks on him too =)

Caitlinsmom09
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Thanks!

I didn't know they had vicks stuff for babies!

She woke up this morning screaming so after an hour of steady inconsolable crying I finally got her back down. She is up now and her chest is congested too. I can hear and feel it rumbling. Should I be worried about that or is it just normal cold stuff?

She is so clingy and fussy today poor baby! This is her first cold!

mamajen07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:43 PM

=( how old is baby?

sounds like normal cold stuff - but if it lasts for more than a few days i'd see the doc!

Caitlinsmom09
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:44 PM

She's 9 months- Thats good then!

LilGina
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM

The sucker really helps I have to hold my DD down while she scremas its pretty rough but after she can breath alot better also get some saline to squirt up there and also in the bathroom with a hot shower helps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)