Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms Who Have Had A Miscarriage. PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:34 AM
  • 27 Replies

I don't even know where to start with this but..I'm currently in the process of a miscarriage..It sucks.. Me and DH really wanted this baby it would have been my 2ND and his first.. He really wants to try again. I've never gone through this before. My Dr. is having me come hack weekly to check on my hormone levels just to make sure they're going back to 0.. He said it doesn't look like I'm gonna have any problems and that I don't need a D&C because I already have an empty uterus. I was just wondering how soon after should I expect my period to come back. (I know every ones different) but I'd definitely like a variety of answers.. Anything/input will be appreciated.. No one that I know has gone through a miscarriage so I want to learn everything that I can of what to expect here in the next little while..

One more thing i'd like to ask.. When is okay to have sex again? I feel so deprived and DH does too... I'm not really bleeding anymore.

FYI.. I misscarried at 7 weeks but apparently the baby stopped growing around 4 so it was a really early miscarriage.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aussiemummy56
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:43 AM

i didnt get it back i got pregnant again right away my son is now 4 months old, very lucky to get preg first cycle.

ArMyWiFe9506
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Im so sorry to hear this dear! I had a miscarrage paril of 09 and got my peroid back the next month and that was mine and hubbys first loss. The second was 6 months and 5 days later in 09 of October and I got my period back the next month as well but I actually concieved in november AFTER my periiod. I think things will be find darlin. Just take it all one day at a time and you will do great. You wont feel better fully because I know I have not fully recovered from my two losses and still miss my babies but it will all work out in the end. All womens bodies are different hun. I hope things do get better soon! hugs

Okiemamatoo3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:56 AM

with my miscarriage (i really dont know what to call it because I did not realize it happened)

In december of 06 like the 11 or 12 i started my period...well in got lighter but never stopped....i couldnt figure out what was wrong and i did not have insurance so i was not gonna go to the hospital...got insurance through my job that february...the begining of march of 07 i went to the doctor....i still had the empty sac in my uterus...we did the D&C BUT i got prego in april and had my 4th and final son in Jan of 08....i just wanted to tell you my story you might have SOME bright spirits since i got pregnant again so fast...

Okiemamatoo3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:56 AM

WOW i thought i was weird glad i was not the only one LOL

Quoting aussiemummy56:

i didnt get it back i got pregnant again right away my son is now 4 months old, very lucky to get preg first cycle.

mamajen07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:03 AM

i am so sorry to hear this

i have no experience with miscarriages, but here's a bump!

good luck ttc! =)

Johns_Mommy_03
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:14 AM

I had a d and c and bled heavy for 2 weeks and then wnt 3 weeks no perio and gt one. My 2,3,and 4th miscarriages my period came back different times. Once it cae back about a week fter miscarryig and lasted about 4 days. the others ones went a full month and then got my period. Now this Janurary when i miscarried I got my period a week after i passed everything.

Johns_Mommy_03
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:15 AM

After my firt miscarriage in 05 I got pregant like 4-5moths later with my beautiful healthy 3yr old son

Kelseyciarah
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:26 AM

I went through a miscarriage right when I hit the 13 week mark. It was excruciating emotionally and physically. I know how you feel. Though that pregnancy was unplanned, after the initial shock, I loved and wanted that child more than anything. To answer your question, my period returned immediatley after everything was discharged from my uterus.  And to give you some insight, depending on how far along you were, you will have a lot of clots with that period. I am so sorry for your loss, and if you need some support from someone who has been there before feel free to message me. I did not need a D&C either, I went to the ER and had an ultrasound and they told me there was a "hole" in my uterus, meaning it had emptied. If you'd like to know anything else, just ask. In my opinion, its good to talk openley about something like this, It'll help us all heal more. Good luck, and try to stay strong.

MarineWifeyy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I had my 2nd miscarriage on February 23 and I just got my period on March 28, but everyone is different..I'm really sorry you had to go through that and I wish y'all the best of luck in the future!hugs

dimpz86
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I've never had a m/c before but I did have an ectopic pregnancy.  In Jan of 2005 I had surgery to remove the pregnancy and 3 weeks later (before my period was even due) I got pregnant again.  She's now almost 5 yrs old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)