Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Face rash? (picture)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:27 PM
  • 31 Replies

So my sons had this 'face rash' for awhile now.. like a month or so. I don't know if its dry skin or a rash??

My hands and skin are super dry right now because its been cold and the heats on. And I over wash my hands I think!

Anyways if anybody knows what this is? Any suggestions on what to do about it or what to put on it? I'm always washing his face off thinking it was because of drooling or whatever.. but I don't think that's it!

Should I make a doctor appointment??

Thanks...

You can kinda see it? Its red and dry/flaky looking =/

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamajen07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:40 PM

dry skin =) cetaphil, vaseline, baby aveeno - all great moisturizers!

CalebsMama81006
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM

have you used a new detergent or any new fragrances??

luna08
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM

ditto also instead of using a lotion use a cream like avveno cream... they keep moisture longer the lotions

Quoting mamajen07:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

happysnail
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:43 PM

nope!

Quoting CalebsMama81006:

have you used a new detergent or any new fragrances??

momma2em
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:43 PM

put vasaline on it to help keep moisture in! my son had this too and has it on his neck right now

happysnail
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:44 PM

awesome, thanks. I will pick something up when I get paid tomorrow!

Quoting mamajen07:

tool_mommy
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Looks like eczema (dry skin). My son has it too. They told us to use lotions in really cold weather, and sometimes in the summer. They also told us not to give him a bath every day because it will make it worse. Weird but it seems to work. lol

mamajen07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM

yep! i'm pretty much a eczema pro. lol dd has SEVERE eczema, and ds has it, but not as bad. we've been thru it all - lemme know if you have more questions!

shawnalovesdon0
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Looks like FIFTHS DISEASE.... Research it... My daughter just got over it and she had it for a good 2months.

Allikat86
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM

My advice also. plus make sure to use lotion with no fragrance, like aveeno. you can also try hydrocortisone. if nothing helps, take him to a doctor and they can prescribe him stronger stuff. i have to deal with this every year with my daughter. washing it all the time will only make it worse.

Quoting tool_mommy:

Looks like eczema (dry skin). My son has it too. They told us to use lotions in really cold weather, and sometimes in the summer. They also told us not to give him a bath every day because it will make it worse. Weird but it seems to work. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)