Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick question for breastfeeding moms

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM
  • 24 Replies

Ok so I was just wondering if there are more moms out there like me. I've exclusively breastfed my 5 month old since birth, but the truth is...I hate doing it! Please no bashing, hear me out first. I love that i'm giving him the best nutrition, I love that I never have to carry around bottles or heat water or buy formula (super expensive), but I hate having to pull my boob out all the time! I hate how even when he's covered while feeding people stare, or go out of their way to ignore you. And now that he's got good control of his arms, even being covered doesn't guarantee privacy since he just loves to whip his arms around and pull down the blanket.

I bottlefed my first and it was easier for me because I could leave her with a sitter and get away every now and then. But my son will absolutely not take a bottle so he's constantly with me. The longest I can go away from him is 2-3 hours, and so any dates with the bf, hanging out with friends, even movies are hard to squeeze in. I have no plans to stop bf'ing because even though I hate it, it's the best thing for him and that's all I want. But I just want to know if there are more woman out there like me.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilGina
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I didn't BF but wanted to say I am like you which is why I didn't do it lol

mamajen07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:21 PM

that's how i felt with both of them. honestly, formula feeding is SO much easier than breastfeeding.

however all the uncomfortableness is well worth the benefits of breastfeeding - it's a sacrifice you gotta make, if you want the best for baby! =)

but know that you're def not alone =)

BAMBAMmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM

They make BF covers that tie around your neck so your baby can't pull them off, and it even has like a stiff wire around the part that tie around your neck so you can peek down and watch your baby.

.Molly.
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I love breastfeeding. Archer is two and I dread the day that he stops because I love it so much.

Georgie0502
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Quoting BAMBAMmommy:

They make BF covers that tie around your neck so your baby can't pull them off, and it even has like a stiff wire around the part that tie around your neck so you can peek down and watch your baby.

Those covers ARE awesome... I use one every time I NIP, but... my DS who is only 3 months old. Pulls it off of him regularly. He doesn't pull it down, but he moves it away from his head. He hates to be covered.

I don't feel the same way. I love nursing and I don't like going out anyway, but I do agree that FFing is easier in so many ways.

jen161
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:33 PM

i formula fed my first and am breastfeeding my son like you! he is 8 months now and i loved it up until like a month ago. i just started getting really frusterated with it and tired of doing it but he wont let me stop. nhe refuses a bottle and i cant leave him anywhere. he goes with me on dates, movies, whatever im doing he is there. you are SO not alone!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

swesolek6
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM

my so is only 10 days old so i cant really help much.. i enjoy it as of right now

kiahna
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I said FUCK THEM! I couldnt careless what ppl think. My mother was a breastfeeding counselor. This is something she saw frequently with young mothers. I popped my out anywhere and I DARE you say something. These things arent sexual. You are still thinking of your breast as sexual objects. My husband isnt allowed to touch them especially when I breastfeed. Makes me feel gross. My mom breastfed till my brother was about 4 (something they do in other cultures). I did with my kids till they were 1. I couldnt careless. In my family breast arent sexual, they are bottles. The more kids you breastfeed the more you wont care lol. I breastfed 4.

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I didn't hate breastfeeding but it definitely was inconvenient in the way you described. Neither one of my kids would take a bottle and that does suck. I breastfed my son for 11 1/2 months and lost my supply due to pregnancy. I miscarried and then got pregnant again 2 weeks later. I was pregnant and then breastfed my daughter until about a week ago at 15 1/2 months. SO basically I have been pregnant and/or breastfeeding since May of 2006. Now I am FINALLY aloud my own body back.

With my next child, I am going to introduce breastmilk in a bottle around 6 weeks so if/when I want to leave for a little, I will be able to.

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:44 PM

See I could care less if anyone sees my boobs. Look if you want and if you have a problem with it, go read a book and shove your nose somewhere else. When I first started nursing my son, I would just go out to the car. I went to Canada when my son was 7 weeks old and they had a nursing area in one of the restrooms... it was amazing, there were rocking chairs and everything. It was blocked off from the rest of the bathroom.

Quoting Georgie0502:

Quoting BAMBAMmommy:

Those covers ARE awesome... I use one every time I NIP, but... my DS who is only 3 months old. Pulls it off of him regularly. He doesn't pull it down, but he moves it away from his head. He hates to be covered.

I don't feel the same way. I love nursing and I don't like going out anyway, but I do agree that FFing is easier in so many ways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)