Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 discussions in one

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM
  • 21 Replies

Did anybody hear about the 21 babies that were dumped in a river in china? I thought that was compeltely mortifying and would like to know your thoughts on it. How could anybody be so cruel? Where are there morals?

2) I saw a clip on youtube of some woman having her 2 year old son talking about going to eat at hooters and what they did to the woman who work there. The boy was pinching his fingers as if he was gropping them. Later I found a video of the same little boy, his mother was asking him what he does to mommy and daddy when he gets mad and what his parents do when a car cuts them off. She had her 2 year old son flipping off the camera. Would you ever influece your child to do either of these things?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BAMBAMmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Unfortunately that's just China's way of population control. Sad but true.

As far as that goes...some people just don't care. I personally don't think it makes my son cool or appealing at all. My cousin, who is a month younger than me grew up like this kid. He frequently called his mom a bitch, cursed, flipped people off, etc. Now, I love my cousin to death but he wasn't a cute little boy like my other cousins. He's alright now, even though he's a cocky son-of-a-bitch lol. Of course he's nice to me because I'm his blood relative, but I can only imagine how he treats other people.

To me, it's disgusting. There's a difference between doing something and your child accidentally picking it up (like saying Fuck and your kid repeating it, and then teaching them it's not ok) and TEACHING them how to do vulgar things like that. I sure as shit don't want my son being influenced by any child like this. Let alone BEING the child influencing other kids his age to act that way. I've worked in a kindergarten and the kids who do this crap are always the delinquent trouble makers. You can't tell me any kid that does that is "well behaved"

LilGina
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM

ummmm no and like I said in the other post some ppl should not have kids

prettymama72106
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:00 PM

china unfortunetly thats there pop control sad and sick as it is.

As for the other no way while I have said damn and my kids repeated it I told them it was wrong and we shouldn't say things like that. I think that is part of the problem with kids now is that a large majority aren't being taught self control or respect this mother clearly doesn't teach her son either one. I think it is sad and some day she will regret it because it will no longer be  "cute" or "funny" when she has an out of control child

BAMBAMmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Granted I've seen some videos that are adorable. I don't know if any of you have seen the "kick his ask" video on you tube. Hilarious! But the mom corrected her daughter which was refreshing.

mamajen07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM

meh i don't worry about the swears and "vulgar" stuff.

dd has picked up on a lot of stuff - sure we've had our gut-wrenching laughs at it - but it gets old, we pay no mind to it and she stops saying it. no biggie!

kiahna
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Honestly I dont judge other cultures no matter how strange their beliefs. So the China thing? Their "morals" are different so I try to just mind my own. Morals are different in different cultures.

And the youtude clip, no I wouldn teach my son that. And I teach him the opposite. Women are the same as men we just look different. They are your equals and should be treated with the same respect you want to be treated with. IF you get beat by a girl it means she was better and you need to practice. lol. Some men are so chauvinistic sadly and some women go along with the "boys will be boys" attitude.

kiahna
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I agree. China has their views and its not ok and it is ok. Cultures are different. And as far as the kids I agree too. My kids dont ever even play with me or anyone else with flipping off or cursing. You would never hear my kids curse. My nieces do though! I cant stand it! Its hard because my kids want to see them but by the end of the day they are sad and want to go home. They say "she says not nice things and it hurts my feelings". What a dilemma!

Quoting BAMBAMmommy:

Unfortunately that's just China's way of population control. Sad but true.

As far as that goes...some people just don't care. I personally don't think it makes my son cool or appealing at all. My cousin, who is a month younger than me grew up like this kid. He frequently called his mom a bitch, cursed, flipped people off, etc. Now, I love my cousin to death but he wasn't a cute little boy like my other cousins. He's alright now, even though he's a cocky son-of-a-bitch lol. Of course he's nice to me because I'm his blood relative, but I can only imagine how he treats other people.

To me, it's disgusting. There's a difference between doing something and your child accidentally picking it up (like saying Fuck and your kid repeating it, and then teaching them it's not ok) and TEACHING them how to do vulgar things like that. I sure as shit don't want my son being influenced by any child like this. Let alone BEING the child influencing other kids his age to act that way. I've worked in a kindergarten and the kids who do this crap are always the delinquent trouble makers. You can't tell me any kid that does that is "well behaved"

Arismommy1007
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Quoting mamajen07:

meh i don't worry about the swears and "vulgar" stuff.

dd has picked up on a lot of stuff - sure we've had our gut-wrenching laughs at it - but it gets old, we pay no mind to it and she stops saying it. no biggie!

well my whole thought on that was that this woman intentionally taught her son these things and cheered him on for doing it. My daughter picks up on thing too as all kids do but i would never teach her to do those things or praise her doing them, as im sure you and most other moms wouldnt either.  It just bothered me to see a mother doing that and playing it for the whole world to see.

krystlzd3
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:16 AM

The China thing, a lot of times, dead children are not considered family and are looked at as bad luck. I read a follow up article, and most of the parents paid the hospital staff to dump the babies. They did not want any association with them.

Arismommy1007
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Quoting krystlzd3:

The China thing, a lot of times, dead children are not considered family and are looked at as bad luck. I read a follow up article, and most of the parents paid the hospital staff to dump the babies. They did not want any association with them.

I know its there way of doing things but it just bothered me. I could never do it to my own and I'll never be able to understand how any parent could. But although I cant understand I guess its just their way of doing things

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)