• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex and periods? (TMI)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM
  • 20 Replies

Okay this may be TMI I'm just curious lol

I broke up with my ex back in december or so so I havent had sex in like..5 or 6 months lets say? I finally had sex with the guy I've been dating for 2 months. The understatement of the year is that man is NOT small lol.. needless to say the first tiem I spotted. Then we had sex again and a day later my period started. Two week early. Is it normal to go without sex for a few months.. then when you do have sex it jump starts your period? Just curious as to if anyone else has had this happen too lol My period is completely off now!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
militarywife09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Im not sure but I have had the same thing happen to me, so Im curious also.

mamajen07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:30 PM

well if he's big he probably just made you bleed a little bit. perfectly normal...

or there could have been some blood left up in there from your last period that made it's way out. =)

Kayere
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:32 PM

well thats what i thought at first but ive been bleeding liek a normal period for like 3 days now and my flow is normally pretty heavy and this seems to be it from what i can tell.

Quoting mamajen07:

well if he's big he probably just made you bleed a little bit. perfectly normal...

or there could have been some blood left up in there from your last period that made it's way out. =)

BAMBAMmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Yes. Frequently I can be expecting my period any day now and usually if I have sex with my boyfriend it will start the next day. It can happen :)

shasha101
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:48 PM

ok

Kayere
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:54 PM

yea but there is a difference between any day now and 2 weeks early lol Im nto due untill the second week of april

Quoting BAMBAMmommy:

Yes. Frequently I can be expecting my period any day now and usually if I have sex with my boyfriend it will start the next day. It can happen :)

kiahna
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I think its a coincidence. Nothing more. I had that problem with my husband. He is "well endowed" lol. So I bled alot of times. Now I just hurt after sometimes and Im sore very sore.

Mandiii04
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:58 PM

EVERYTHING interferes with my period....

Young Moms (16-25) [Group Mod]

Please, click here or here.

LilGina
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM

humm I don't have an answer but that is weird lol

BAMBAMmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Just like stress can delay your period I'm sure it can make it come early as well. What exactly are you worried about? It's not like you could be pregnant if you haven't had sex in 6 months, so it's not a m/c or anything. I'd say try again when you're done with your period. Chances are he'll make you spot if he is well endowed but I think it was a coincidence that it happened to be full on heavy bleeding. If it doesn't stop within the normal span of your period I'd call your OB there could be a bigger problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)