• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This should be fun

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

What is the BEST pranked that you have pulled or had pulled on you on April Fools Day?

When I was about 9 or 10, my mom picked me up from school with my little brother and said that she had to tell me something...

BACKGROUND INFO--  We were DIRT poor, I knew we were. I always worried about money...

Anyways.... she starts to tell me that some people came and took the house because she couldnt pay the bills... She was like "I still have the garage key, so we can get your bike. But we have to move up north with John's (future Stepdad) parents."  Then as I was telling my mom that it was ok..... she pulls into a Dairy Queen to buy us ice cream.  Ok maybe that was the meanest prank ever pulled..... But that was the best one because it was the only one that actually got me.  After that day, I dont believe anything anyone says on April 1st.  =]

Young Moms (16-25) [Group Mod]

Please, click here or here.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LilGina
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Dang that is mean

Mandiii04
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Quoting LilGina:

Dang that is mean

Yeah, my ma has an issue finding the line between a joke and just being cruel.

One year for Christmas she was going to use an old car key of hers and wrap it up. Then when I opened it, she was going to say 'look in the driveway'.... where a model car would be sitting wrapped in a bow.   My brother told her that I would never speak to her again. So she didnt do it.   He was like "She has been begging you for 3 years to get her a car.... she'd open that present and be so happy, then she'd see that you were screwing with her..... She'd never forgive you."

BunniBlonde
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

lmao thats a good one. I have a couple (not nearly as good).

When I was living with my mom going to elementary school, every morning the first thing she did was go to the sink to make coffee. I discreetly pointed the sprayer right where I knew she would stand, taped it down with see-through scotch tape. Then in the morning as she made her way there, I backed up and watched her get HOSED with cold water!!!! I then yelled Happy April Fools and laughed my a$$ off!!!!  I got her again later that same day by rubbing toothpaste on a plastic Oreo I had and asked her if she wanted one, she said yeah and tried to bite into it.

The only other one I got was before I had any kids I did the mean trick of sitting my bf at the time down and weasely made him think I was prego (it was funny at the time, although looking back it wasn't nice) without actually saying it. After the look on his face I jumped up and yelled Happy April Fools!!! It was great. 

Mandiii04
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I jokingly pulled the "im pregnant" one on SO this morning. But he knows im on my period so he gave me a dumb look..... I laughed hysterically though.  I was like " thats all i could think of!!"

mamajen07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:10 PM

LOL - totally outta curiousity tho - what exactly does "up north" mean to you?

Mandiii04
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Quoting mamajen07:

LOL - totally outta curiousity tho - what exactly does "up north" mean to you?

I live near Detroit.... so 'up north' to me is anywhere from the good ol' Mackinac Bridge, north.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)