• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to hear your story.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:21 PM
  • 17 Replies

I had my daughter Allie when I was 18 years old and just out of high school. It is tough for young moms to feel accepted by EVERYONE in society. So many people can be judgemental. I went through it.

I am working on a project about young moms and what they go through, how they might have been a tad bit scared during pregnancy, what people say, and the usual.

I would appreciate any of your 'stories'.

Thanks,

Meagan

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiahna
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:32 PM

I wa 15 and everyone tried to convince me to get an abortion. I was against abortion since i was little and didnt change my mind once I got pregnant. I had my child and got married while I was pregnant with my second. I use to try and tell my baby I loved here and people in my jerk face family would say "why are you playing with her like your proud of what you did?" I cried so hard and it affected how I felt and I was more lovable behind closed doors.  After I was married I had the inlaws always putting their 2 cents in and telling me what was best and humiliating me any chance they got. But I go tstronger, I dare anyone say anything to me! lol. Now I dont let anyone over throw my authority because they want things done how they did them. I had people at church judge me, you would think church would be a welcome place. Still going through things with the inlaws as of now, but now I dont care. I will be 25 this month and I am my own person. I dont conform to tradition and we dont celebrate Christmas or Easter. SInce these holidays have distorted reasons now, they are for the wrong reasons now. We do things differently, and I have the most accepting loving kids you would ever meet!

angeleyes0306
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Well lets see I got pregnant when I was 18. The father left when I was about 3 months. About a month later I started dating an old friend that I had known since we were 12. He was wonderful. He was there for my appointmets, went to get whatever I needed food, or drink, or meds. Rubbed my back, and he immediatly attached to my lil boy. After a few months of nothing from the ex, and a lot of talking about it, he convinced me he truly wanted to be there, and be "dad" to my son. January 12 I had our son Tyler, and bf was great, He cut the cord and was so nervous he was pacing while they checked out Tyler, just waiting till he could hold him because he was crying lol. About 2 weeks after we had him, bf came home, and proposed to me. We married that November. Couple years later, and we were about ready to give up, we learned I was pregnant with baby number 2, 21 years old. We were so excited to learn it was a girl!! Had Annabelle July 23rd. Then BIG surprise, we learned in september that we were (and still are) pregnant with baby number 3!! LOL we are both only 23 and about to have our third child! Easy? No, slower getting easier. Terrified this round, I get so stressed out with Ty and Anna, and worry how I'm going to handle a third. But DH has a way to calm me down. Our families have been so so lol. They were pretty good with with first two, but this third, well lets say everyone was majorly shocked. lol..didn't realize it was going to be so long but theres my story.

vibrantfaith
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM

So my story is a bit different. I dated an really abusive guy for a long time because he offered an escape from my abusive father (I know ironic but he was definitely a charmer in the beginning) and when i broke up with him he didn't take it too kindly. He attacked me and that's how I ended up pregnant with triplets. Around that time, a guy that I've known since I was born decided to move up here to be with a new manager for his music. He was actually there when I went to the doctor to find out the news. It was really hard but he was extremely supportive. We had pretty much discussed about how he knew it was going to be hard for me but that he'd be here no matter what decision I made. It was the most amazing thing to have someone that I've know and cared about for so long with me through it all. When I first heard their little heart beats, I looked at him and I told him despite it all these are my babies. Since then, things couldnt be better. I'm 24 weeks now and he just asked me to marry him. I feel so secure knowing that I have a family again and knowing that I have a great support system from him and his family. My mom passed away from breast cancer when I was 12 and I knew I needed motherly support through this. We're so excited to start our life together with our 3 little miracles and even though these past 6 months have been a bit of hell, I know we're going to make it. My younger brother is also coming to live with me and things just feel like they're moving into the right step. I know God has been watching over us through this and well...that's my story.

1wildchild
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I was 15 when I got pregnant the first time, and only a sophomore in high school. My boyfriend was 17 at the time, a junior. It was scary, and a complete surprise. I had a miscarriage around 6 or 7 weeks, and even though I was really young it was still heartbreaking and affected me deeply. It's been 4 years since the miscarriage and seriously, not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about it. Even though it was such a shock and we were so young, we thought about the baby almost immediately. We decided to name the baby Emma or Parker, so we saved the names.

I got pregnant with my daughter at 17, and had her at 18. I graduated in May 2008 and she was born December 31, 2008. My fiance (same dad as the first) was 20, almost 21 when she was born. This time was way different. I was much more mature, it wasn't as big of a surprise (we weren't being all that careful) and somehow I just knew that this time wasn't going to be like the first. I knew I was pregnant before I took a test, then later, I knew I was having a girl before we had the ultrasound. Everything was way different. I've never been a partier or drinker, I've always been more mellow, so it wasn't that big of an adaption. We took things seriously, we got everything ready for the baby and we were ready for her when she came. My mom was there for when I needed her when Mackenzie was born but I didn't need the help. I'd never really been around babies before, I didn't babysit or anything. I was nervous about that when I was pregnant but everything came naturally when she was here. I breastfed exclusively for the first 6 months, then when she lost interest she went to formula until 12 months. Luckily I've been able to be a stay at home mom for these first 15 months, but I know it will come to an end soon when I need to start working. Fortunately my family has been a great help, if not for them things would be SO different. My fiance and I take responsibility and raise our daughter ourselves and have from the beginning. We've lived with family but we have always been the ones to make the decisions for our daughter and pay for her things... Life is hard with a child so young, but I would never regret it. No I would not condone teens getting pregnant ON PURPOSE. It's not all fun and games all the time. Kids are a major responsibility and should come first no matter what... Sorry I wrote so much, but I thought it would help with your project...

Mandiii04
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I never had anything said about me, Nor have I gotten looks of any kind... I also rarely get IDed for anything.... Im 23, and people are shocked by that.  I guess they think I'm 30 something... lol

AllieMaesMom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Thank you for your post! It is horrible what people do. When I was pregnant with my daughter and me and my boyfriend decided that marriage was what we wanted....we asked my pastor to marry us. I love my pastor and felt right at home in that Church....well, he wouldn't marry us. He acted like we were some kind of disease. When you believe in certain people so much, especially a pastor, you expect to get the passion of Christ, insteat you get your heart broke and a bitter turn toward Christianity. So I feel exactly where you are coming from. Young people need to be accepted no matter what life brings them because  we are all so fragile. Really, rather than us scaring ourselves, it's all the adults that leave marks that we will never forget. Sad sad.

ilovebaby1993
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:41 PM

thats awsome that u are help or hearing young moms stories...

i am a young i am only 16 and i i got pregnet on my 16th b-day. it sucked but i had my daughter march 19 and she is wonderful and im soo glad i didnt do an aborshion or adopshion cause i dont believe in them. my older sister who is 18 got an aborshion and i think she made the worst dision in her life! but thats just my opioion.... but yeppp im sooooo gad that i had her.. and when i was going to school i though everyone was jugdeing me becuase of my big belly! but now i have a tutoder and im not dropping out im going to collage to be a nurse and i had a c-section and in 3 weeeks im going back to work and i plan on work 40 hours... well thanks to listing to my storie....

ashleywilkerson
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM

i was 15 when i got pregnant(16 when i had her) with my first my boyfriend was 23. i heard it all, your ruining your life, hes going to leave you, you cant do it, your stupid if you try, and so on. hear i am 3 years later married to her father and just had our second in jan and they pulled the same stuff with her too.  i was scared at first i wasnt working he just got layed off, and even with my second i was scared.  but i just ignored what everyone had to say and moved on with my life. im marred have my own house, pay my own bills and even took on my 8 year old sister.

please mention my name if you join and help me win a prize!

Kyleighsmama08
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:55 PM

I was 22 when I got pregnant with my first. I was happy to be pregnant but I think it was hard for my extended family to except it (even though it really wasn't their business lol ). I have a lot of cousins that are the same age and a couple years younger and they made it seem like it was the end of the world for me. I hated to go around them when I was pregnant because they made me feel akward by saying things like " I can't believe your pregnant, you poor thing, what are you going to do?" Or "I'm NEVER having kids, I hate kids, I don't think I could go through what you're going through" And I had Aunts saying "My daughters are never going to have children". Or "I'm going to bring my daughter into the delivery room when you have your baby so she will never want to go through what you're going through". "She can learn a lesson there". LOL Almost had me feeling like I did something terrible! I just always felt like they looked down on me because I was pregnant? I don't know, just made me feel weird!! But my parents supported me, the kids' dad and his family supported me so that was good.

Fingerpaint7
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:01 AM

bless your heart. What a strong lady :) Lots of prayers!!

Quoting vibrantfaith:

So my story is a bit different. I dated an really abusive guy for a long time because he offered an escape from my abusive father (I know ironic but he was definitely a charmer in the beginning) and when i broke up with him he didn't take it too kindly. He attacked me and that's how I ended up pregnant with triplets. Around that time, a guy that I've known since I was born decided to move up here to be with a new manager for his music. He was actually there when I went to the doctor to find out the news. It was really hard but he was extremely supportive. We had pretty much discussed about how he knew it was going to be hard for me but that he'd be here no matter what decision I made. It was the most amazing thing to have someone that I've know and cared about for so long with me through it all. When I first heard their little heart beats, I looked at him and I told him despite it all these are my babies. Since then, things couldnt be better. I'm 24 weeks now and he just asked me to marry him. I feel so secure knowing that I have a family again and knowing that I have a great support system from him and his family. My mom passed away from breast cancer when I was 12 and I knew I needed motherly support through this. We're so excited to start our life together with our 3 little miracles and even though these past 6 months have been a bit of hell, I know we're going to make it. My younger brother is also coming to live with me and things just feel like they're moving into the right step. I know God has been watching over us through this and well...that's my story.

Love Taylor,

Engaged to my prince. TTC our 1st since August 2009.

Praying for a December Snowflake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)