Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i thought it was forever??

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:50 AM
  • 16 Replies

i'm confused - this is sorta a spinoff..

i've noticed that a lot of you say "no man comes before my children" and i understand why you say that. but then i see "your children are yours forever, but your man may not be"

this makes no sense to me!

my man IS forever and i refuse to set my mind to think otherwise! it's almost like you've already set yourself up for failure...you know? isn't marriage meant to be for a lifetime? if you don't envision yourself with this man forever, why be with him? is this the problem with today's marriages?

all that said, we are all equals in this home, my husband will be my husband forever, just as my children are.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicalynn1986
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:02 AM

i agree!!!!!!

ProudWifey2325
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:24 AM

I agree completely!

JaivonsMommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:26 AM

I agree as well.

AshleyE523
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:29 AM

i completely agree. my husband is just as important to me as my son. i mean sure i put him first at times, but he is only 6 months old and it's just for little things. and i wouldn't have ever married someone if they weren't forever.

amomynous_j
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:39 AM

precisely!

Quoting AshleyE523:

i completely agree. my husband is just as important to me as my son. i mean sure i put him first at times, but he is only 6 months old and it's just for little things. and i wouldn't have ever married someone if they weren't forever.

Mrs.Evans87
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I couldn't agree more with you!

mommy_raines
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I agree. I made the decision to love marry my DH 5 yrs ago..through good times and bad. Just because our marriage has problems doesnt mean it cant be forever! My Dh and my kids are my life..equal. Sometimes i put my son first but my DH does that too. And Im sure once our new son comes in July..Dh and I will put each other second from the kids but that doesnt change how we feel for each other. Make sense? 

amomynous_j
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:50 AM

BUMP!

Nicole1002
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I totally agree.  When you get married the preacher usually says something about your spouse should come first, then children, then other family... I would never let my children tear up my relationship with my DH...

Randi02
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM

My husband was my best friend and partner BEFORE I had kids, and he will be there once they move out, go to university, start their own families etc.

Our relationship has to come first in order for us to maintain it. That doesn't mean I love my children any less, it's just different.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO and one on the way! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)