Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you take your kids?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM
  • 18 Replies

Is there a kids playground or activity center that you take your kids to?

We have NOTHING around here so I settle for the McDonalds playroom even though I HATE it. And my son LOVES the playground inside the mall, he can run around and climb on the foam things they have and he loves it, but the mall is an hour away.

We don't have a Gymboree or anything here, so where do you take your kids?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetpeaberry42
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:55 AM

We have a really cute park in our town, but there are also a lot of them in near by towns.  We have a zoo that cost a lot less if you are a resident in the town (and they have a park outside) and we go and feed the ducks at the near by pond. 

SaraZoey
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:02 PM

We have a lot of really nice parks so we go there on the weekends, also we have really nice libraries for kids and Zoey loves to read, so we go there a lot to. I would check out your local libraries. They have children's programs as well.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

sunshine344
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:29 PM

We have a park right down the street but its small, and mcdonalds 10 min away, but we also have about 10 parks in a 15 min drive distance i try and take them to a different one each week. or we just play outside in our yrad or take a walk around the block to! :)

amomynous_j
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:32 PM

there are 3 playgrounds within walking distance - however we stick to our backyard! lol =) i'd rather stay in the comfort of my own yard! we've gone once so far this year. we'll go again a few times i'm sure, but we def don't go everyday!

amomynous_j
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:32 PM

ohh! and there's a mcdonalds 6 houses from me. LOL,  but no play place!

sunshine344
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Quoting amomynous_j:

there are 3 playgrounds within walking distance - however we stick to our backyard! lol =) i'd rather stay in the comfort of my own yard! we've gone once so far this year. we'll go again a few times i'm sure, but we def don't go everyday!

yea we play in our yard everyday its nice and i only take them to the park about once a week, but we also live in a private comunitty that surronds a lake so we have 3 beachs to so during the summer we go to the beach a few times to, but is such a pain in the ass to get all the stuff just to take 2 kids out for awhile lol thats why i love our yard! :)

LittleKrittle
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:47 PM

We take them places all the time. McDonald's play place is my favorite place because my daughter ALWAYS falls asleep on the ride home from playing so much lol. There is a park right on my street, we go almost every day. Sometimes we take her to a bigger park about 15 min (driving) away, where there are always tons of kids, and a little pond with geese. Theres also a beautiful one up in a country area nearby with a bunch of teeter totters and a huge sliding board gym type thing. She loves it there. We walk around the block and go on "bunny hunts" (there are a lot of rabbits around here for some reason). We are always outside enjoying the nice weather! Too bad I hate the cold though... we are inside almost all winter :S

BAMBAMmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:49 PM

My problem is that we are in Colorado, so it's great to go to parks and stuff in summer, and trust me we do that ALOT, but in winter it is wayyyyy to cold to be playing outside. :(

angelgirl0225
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM
We only have a park close by and my DD is still too small for most of that. I wish I could help.
LittleKrittle
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I understand what you mean... I'm in Pennsylvania :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)