Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who doesn't have a relationship with their mom? LONG*

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

Okay, so my parents are divorced after 23yrs of marriage and my mom is already engaged and getting married this year. My younger sister and I have both been with our SO's longer than she's been with this man, and it hasn't even been a yr since she's been divorced. My mom got so wrapped up in this asshole that she let him convince her to kick us out of HER house(for no reason other than he wanted it) and verbally abuse both of us and physically abuse me. She has never apologized,she only makes excuses for everything he did. He's an alcoholic,chain smoking,ex druggie..and he looks like he's having triplets! Anyway, my mom told us about her wedding by mailing us a letter which fucking annoyed me because she has our numbers and she knows where we live. Long story short, I'm sure you can see why I don't have a relationship with my mom. Who doesn't have a relationship with their mom?..would you still talk to her?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BAMBAMmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I can't imagine not having a relationship with my mom. My abusive ex did a lot of things to try to drive a wedge between my mom and me, and sometimes my mom did get really mad and frustrated, but in the end she was always there. Lol my relationship with my mom is far from perfect as she still annoys me sometimes as I'm sure I do her, but all in all it's pretty good. I hate the thought of losing my mom, or never being able to talk to her. We didn't used to be real close when I was in middle school but we got really close after that and I love it. I'm sorry you have to have a relationship like that :/

MarineWifeyy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:23 PM
Yeah, my mom and I were really close too...that's what makes it even harder.
amomynous_j
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:25 PM

i don't have a relationship with my father. looong story, but it has similarities to yours. i probably wouldn't talk to her if i were in your shoes.

LittleKrittle
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I have a so-so relationship with my mom. I don't speak to my father at all, haven't since shortly after my first DD was born. We were getting along fine, then next thing I know he left town and I don't even know where to find him.

I wouldn't talk to your mom if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't even show up at the wedding. Fuck that. She should realize she put some scumbag before her own kids and treated them like shit because of him. THAT'S who she wants to marry? Oh hellllllll no I would be waiting for a big apology from both of them or one from her right after she leaves him.

momma2em
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I do not have a relationship with my mom, my dad and grandmother took us away from her when I was 2, because she left us locked in the car while she was in the bar for hours on end, somebody called my dad he came and brojke a window and took us to my grandmothers, from then on my grandmother was our primary care giver... My mother never tried to get us back or see us until i was 18... then she wanted to come visit for 2 weeks.... i made sure i was gone before she woke up in the morning and came home when she was asleep... I absolutely hate her!

KimberlySnipes
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

My mom and I have a relationship, but it's not good.  She pisses me off.  We used to be really close and then she met my step dad.  She is not the same mom I grew up with.  I have a sister that is 10 years younger than me and is stuck living with them.  I feel so bad for her.  First of all, my mom rarely drank when we were kids, now she is an alcoholic and so is he.  They are also swingers now, which is really creepy to me.  She sucks up to him all the time and he still calls her fat 24/7.  My mom was much bigger when she was with my dad and he never once called her fat.  They are so wrapped up in themselves to even spend time with me and my son, but they make time for his kids that don't have kids whenever.  It bothers me.  Oh, and I am throwing my sisters 16th birthday party since they can't be bothered to do it.

minimom424
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

I can totally relate. I don't have a relationship with my parents especially my mom. I hate her very much. She was abusive and refused to accept treatment for her mental illnesses. Several years ago she started a "prison ministry" which was really her just writing letters and having a relationship with creeps in prison. It was so disgusting. It progressed into her dropping everything (even leaving us at school or w/o groceries, etc) just to drive to Louisiana (from tx) to go party & do drugs with an ex con. Last I heard she's trying to move over there. Good riddens! I stopped completely talking to her over a yr ago when she screamed at me in my face while i was carrying my 3 month old in her carseat carrier. That's where I drew the line. I don't care if she's my daughter's blood relative. I will not have my daughter around such filth and corruption. She disgusts me to the core.

I can definitely relate when it comes to cutting someone off due to choosing a "man" over her kids. Except my mom is still married to my dad and is cheating, not even behind his back but to his face. Vile woman.

MoMmY2APrince85
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM

I don't have a relationship with anyone in my family.

Fetters4
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Hun your story matches my life story as well. I am not longer involved with my mom she let her ex-husband verbally abuse me, treat me like shit and both of them made my life hell together. I was a built in babysetter for them when I was a teen. They would ground me for just breathing it seemed. She let him kick me out when was 17 and he got a restraining order on me for no reason and well it was dropped because there was no grounds for it. She then left him but kicked me out the day after I graduated and I just found out I was pregnant. The next day after she kicked me out she let my slum of a brother move in. There are other shit she has done to me  but the last thing she did recently I will never forgive her.

Georgie0502
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I do not have a relationship with my mom. I allow her to see my kids on occasion. That's as far as it goes. I do not speak to her and I do not pretend to like her. I'm over her crap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)