Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick baby... PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

My nephew has been sick pretty much since he has been born. He is always congested and has couging, weezing, lots of mucus and such... He has been tested for cystic fibrosis - it came out negative, they have tested him for allergies - he isn't allergic to anything. They have been treating him for asthma but he is to young to test for asthma. He is only 6 months old. Has anyone had this happen w/ their LO? Or know anyone that has had this problem w/ their LO? Just wondering. Thank you.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BAMBAMmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Uhm did they test him for a lactose intolerance? Lactose can cause mucus build-up (if you've ever heard that singers or speakers shouldn't drink milk before a performance it's because the mucus will get thick and junky and cause you to sing badly or clear your throat alot) i'm sure they probably did but it was just a thought.

You could try going to WedMD.com and looking up his symptoms and seeing if anything obvious comes up.

I would be most worried about RSV

LittleKrittle
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Why would they treat him for something if they can't even test him for it?

amomynous_j
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

really? mav has always been kinda congested sounding when he breathes - i wonder if he's lactose intolerant, since i was when i was a baby! hmm!

Quoting BAMBAMmommy:

Uhm did they test him for a lactose intolerance? Lactose can cause mucus build-up (if you've ever heard that singers or speakers shouldn't drink milk before a performance it's because the mucus will get thick and junky and cause you to sing badly or clear your throat alot) i'm sure they probably did but it was just a thought.

You could try going to WedMD.com and looking up his symptoms and seeing if anything obvious comes up.

C_Kight
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

They have tested him several times for RSV but the test came up negative. I don't know about the lactose intolerance though - I will have to ask my sister.  Ty.

Quoting BAMBAMmommy:

BAMBAMmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Yea in normal people who aren't even lactose intolerance it will make mucus thicker, so if he has a lactose intolerance it could make it so much worse. Hence the coughing and weezing and all of that.

amomynous_j
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:21 PM

wow. i never knew that, and i'm lactose intolerant! go figure! you learn something new everyday! haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)