Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Activities?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:26 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm new at this SAHM thing. It's actually been forced on me early b/c of a high risk pregnancy that has me out of work, school, and my Reserve duties. BUT- now that I no longer want to strangle my 5 year old daughter every time she speaks to me (HAS to have been the hormones, I'm usually overly cuddly and affectionate with her!) I am determined to get her from out in front of the Tv. While it really was a God send when I couldn't get out of bed for more than 5 mins at a time, now she acts as though LIFE DEPENDS on watching Hannah Montana.

So- I'm asking for simple things to keep her occupied that don't involve the TV. I've bought some playdough and a mat for her to do it on, some beads for her to make necklaces with, watercolor paints, ect but I know after a while she is going to get bored with these same activities. Any ideas? For now I'm very limited in what I can do- going to the park isn't an option, I can't go outside with her and toss a ball, I'm looking for independent activities she can do on her own, or with minimal set-up. Any ideas would be appreciated! 

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MomNtheRes
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Seriously?

Mommytocody
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM

BUMP!

simple_ole_me
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:58 PM

My daughter is around the same age and really into audio books. I can start one of those and hand her the book to follow along and she's content all by herself. Mr. Potato Head also does wonders! Get some card games like Crazy Eights or Go Fish and play with her on the couch. Puzzles are good at keeping them busy too....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)