Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you go to prom?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM
  • 42 Replies

In light of prom season.....did you go?

I went to my senior prom. I decided like not even a week before hand to go. I wasn't really big (and still am not) on dressing up and school dances, but I thought it was a high school experience I might regret not having gone to later in life. We went, danced our asses off, then went up to the Gap and drank, but got rained out. Lol. I am glad that I decided to go.

I know some of you had kids around that time, but did you manage to go? Or want to?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZoiesMyPwincess
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Yeah I went to my Sr. Prom and so glad I did...we had such a great time. I wish I would of went with my boyfriend (now hubby) but we had broken up a week before prom so I found a new date (my best guy friend) then a day before prom my boyfriend (now hubby) got back together but I still went with my best guy friend...I didn't want to do that to him it wasn't fair to him. LOL if that made any since! hahaha

Mandiii04

I went. I dont dance. But I did enjoy the food. And I dressed up all pretty-like. It was fancy-schmancy. lol

Georgie0502

I did not go. I asked SO which took a lot of courage.. as we weren't dating at the time and I'm a very shy/insecure person. And he said he'd have to think about it because he didn't know if he was going to be moving back to Florida or not. He never got back to me and I never got the guts to remind him. I wish I had gone.

nikkiJ86

I didn't have any kids at the time. But I didn't go because I was broke. I had just got fired from Taco Bell and I hadn't saved up for it.I wanted to go though. Instead I just spent the night with my boyfriend.

C_Kight
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:07 PM

I went to my Junior prom but not my Senior prom... I was about 6 months along when Senior prom came around and I still don't regret not going to my senior prom! I did have fun at my junior prom - he was just a guy friend and there was no pressure what so ever and I enjoyed every minute!

jennn217
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:08 PM

i went to my junior prom. My  boyfriend actually broke up with me that night. it was horrible. My senior year i went to my best friend's Prom. I wasn't going to go, but i decided that i should make the best out of my senior year and that is exactly what i did

BAMBAMmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Oh I forgot to mention that my date was a female friend of mine. Neither of us had dates nor did we like any of the guys at our school...Lol it was funny. We went as a group and took pictures in my living room, our friends (dating guy and girl) were dressed up all fancy and took pictures together so we decided to pose together. It was cute. I don't regret not having a male date either...slow dancing is overrated. Lol. That and I was tramatized from losing my virginity (date rape the summer before) so there was no way in hell any date of mine was getting any!

mrsjones009
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:12 PM

i Wanted to go .. But, didnt get to ..I wish i did..

BrooklynnsMomy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:12 PM

i went to my junior prom which we had on a boat was amazing then i did go senior prom as well which we had in a castle i lived in germany at the time and they have TONS of the old castles there! so it was amazing i didnt have my first child till i was 21 so i got to have tons of fun through out hs living in germany! my graduation present from my parents was a trip to italy it was amazing ok rambling lol done now gonna go bake a cake:D

youngmama2006
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Nope.  I was homeschooled the last two years of high school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)