Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling quite sick and in need of advice

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:56 AM
  • 9 Replies

so yesterday i woke up and my right lower gums were swollen and hurt pretty badly. last night it just got worse and i couldnt even eat dinner since it hurt to chew. today i wake up and i feel like i have a fever (cant check it since the only thermometer i have goes in the anal for my sons) i am having a hard time opening my mouth or talking and i just plain feel sick. to top it all off my hubby is pretty sick right now nothing contagious hes diabetic and its related to that. but this means that i cant just lay in bed all day and sleep i have to take care of my sons if i dont who will? i am feeling like crap and my question is what could be wrong thats making me sick? ive never felt like this before

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Emerald_storm01
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Call. a. DOCTOR.

YourMyTrouble
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Quoting Emerald_storm01:

Call. a. DOCTOR.

Mrsridley
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:14 PM
you DEF. need a dr.
Shy_Dia
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM

gingivitis is what i'm thinking- the disease that affects the gums-- makes them swell, bleed, etc. not sure if it causes fevers though.

BAMBAMmommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:38 PM

It's not gingivitis. It doesn't cause fevers. If it is it is a SEVERE case. Fever is a sign of infection within the body, you need to see a doctor AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, mouth infections can be fatal if you let it go too long.

amomynous_j
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:04 PM

doctor. see one.

twinsmommy1219
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:34 PM

seriously i could die from an infection in the gums... my friend said that if i gargled with salt water atleast twice a day it would get rid of it. i have a horrible doc he almost killed my hubby three times and i havent gotten a chance to change docs with my insurance and i cant go to another doc til i change it and going to see that doc i may as well try home remidies hes a wacko doctor that should have his license revoked i dont know what to do.

LittleKrittle
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:06 AM

go to the emergency room...?

LittleKrittle
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:07 AM

it might be your wisdom teeth coming in... i felt that way too when mine were coming in.. they still bother me once every couple of months but i dont think i had a fever... =/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)