Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when to potty train

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

my daughter just turned 15 months and i was wondering when should we start potty training? and how do i go about it? my son was 3 when he potty trained and my hubby did it.

preview image

preview image

preview image

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lovinMYtwins07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:04 PM

my daughter started potty training herself 2 months after her 2nd birthday...she did great for 11 months then regressed and is off and on now...but most of my friends children are 2 1/2 almost 3 and their kids are potty trained.

lovinMYtwins07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:05 PM

but i'd just let her be...get a potty chair and let her become comfortoable with it for awhile cuz it will be like a foreign object to her. don't force her but look for signs that she is ready like staying dry all night crossing legs or other signs that she is ready.

tigerlily86
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:11 PM
My oldest son was trained at 2, my second is not pottytrained. He is 2 1/2yrs and doesn't even want to consider it. And of course my baby girl is 9 mths so no luck there! I think 18 mths is too young because they need to be ready physically first and foremost.
Mom_since06
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:23 PM

i started my son the first time at 19 months and it dident work out,tried him a month or two later he still wasent ready then i started at 2 and it took a good 6 mths to get him fully trained but he is almost 3 1/2 and has been trained for a year.it depends when the child is ready but i would even try until 2

Stay at home momstay home momStay at home mom

babymamma72904
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:04 AM

did anyone ever stop and ask themselves why it is called "potty trained" i mean are our kids like dogs and we have to train them, or do you think that with no "training" at all they would just eventually come into theirselves... just a thought i had all of a sudden.

dnjsklsk
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:24 AM

We started potty training our daughter at 18 months and now she is 2 and a half and fully potty trained. We did the method where you let them run around without a diaper for a few days and usual the child will not like the feeling of being wet when they potty. Our daughter HATED being wet so after the 1st or 2nd time of pottying on herself...she started going to her little potty.

BAMBAMmommy
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:32 AM

I don't think of it that way, because if you do, we "train" our children to do lots of things. We train them to eat with utensils, we train them to be polite, we train them not to run in the street, we train them to hold our hand to cross the street or in a busy place. We "train" them to do a lot of things, but train is just used synonymously with "teach". Teach would be the correct word, but I think most people sort of get the clue when we say "train".

Quoting babymamma72904:

did anyone ever stop and ask themselves why it is called "potty trained" i mean are our kids like dogs and we have to train them, or do you think that with no "training" at all they would just eventually come into theirselves... just a thought i had all of a sudden.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)