Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Parents who love to get naked in front of their kids!!!

Posted by on May. 5, 2010 at 7:58 PM
  • 78 Replies

There are actual moms who CHOOSE to walk around naked in front of their children, even their older children. They say it's to teach them about their bodies so they walk around naked most of the time, cooking, cleaning, and even helping their kids with their homework naked so their children can feel comfortable with their bodies. I don't think a mom walking around naked is teaching their babies to feel comfortable with their body. What do you think?

I could understand mother and daughter being naked in front of each other from time to time but mother and son. That's just disgusting. Then one mother on the Tyra show was like 'it's perfectly fine to walk around naked'....what if the dad is walking around and his ding-a-ling is swinging in his daughter's face. I would be horrified if my parents were naked in front of me like that. Their naked bodies bouncing in the kitchen. I would totally throw up.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 5, 2010 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erika_wright
by on May. 5, 2010 at 8:03 PM

but you most likely feel that way bc your parents didnt do it, so its not normal to YOU.

my parents didnt do the extent of what the show was about, and what you are talking about. but when we were little, it was not wierd to see my parents naked, or my sisters or my brother.

dd sees me naked a lot bc shes a toddler and im the only one home w her, and im sure it will be the same w my son.

dh is REALLY paranoid about her seeing him naked, and if im giving her a bath, he will sit to pee lol (only one bathroom). the more he tries to hide it, the more curious she gets about why.

there is nothing wrong w kids seeing parents naked, but im not sure about cooking and all that. my first thought would be that i would get burned in some very unpleasant places lol!

little.knickers
by on May. 5, 2010 at 8:04 PM

I dont think its an issue...as long as it is not a sexual thing, and not making the child uncomfortable (i.e. in front of the child's friends) then i see it as a parents decision what they do.

I dont wander around naked in front of my kids, but they sometimes walk in when im showering..and sometimes even come in and have a poo and a chat while im in the bath! (Despite there being 3 other bathrooms! ughh!). I see no problem with it...regardless of gender.  Even though i dont walk around the house naked...i dont disagree with it. People can and will do as they please. Who are we to say whats right and wrong? At the end of the day...we are born naked, so that is presumably how we are supposed to be!

Its too bloody cold for naturism here anyway. My nipples would get so cold they'd drop off lol

prettymama72106
by on May. 5, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Ok i have two girls who occasionally see me naked but that is because we have one bathroom so if I am taking a shower they might come in to use the bathroom and catch me getting out or when they were really little like 6 months - 1yr the only way I could get a shower was to let them play on the bathroom floor while I took one so they saw me naked then but I don't walk arouind my house naked nor would I. I just find that a little weird there father would never walk around naked in front of them. I would have had a heartattack if my parents had chosen to walk around naked it just grosses me out. I think that kids are more than likely see there parents naked at some point in life usually when there really little but I don't think a mom should be putting her naked body out there. I don't know that is just my opinion though so

TK87
by on May. 5, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Kids learn whatever their parents teach them.  The child wouldn't consider it gross if they grew up with their parents naked all the time, they'd be used to it.

AshMomToShawn
by on May. 5, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I don't see an issue with it unless they are making it sexual. A human body is a human body.  Personally my son is always stuck up my bum so yes he sees me get dressed or undressed or whatever. I don't see any issue with it but my mom walked around naked infront of me. I have no issues with the human body.  

JayBearsmomma
by on May. 5, 2010 at 9:51 PM

i dont cook or clean naked but i do go to the bathroom and take showers. lol jay is always attatched to my hip and doesnt like for me to close doors he says he cant see me and it scares him. so being almost 3 im not gonna shut my kid out just to quickly go pee or get dressed, if it really bothers him. I dont take showers with him he takes those by himself with my assistance outside of the shower or with his dad. but he sees me get dressed and undressed but lotion on or what not. it was funny cuz just the other day it was time to change the tampon and i was trying to distract him and get him to  look away while i slipped it in. well he new it was in my hand then it just dissapeared and he asked me " mommy where did it go? did u put it in ur butt again and tried to look behind me. lol i almost died laughing because i never knew that he had caught on to what i was doing b4 . i told him no i didnt put it in my butt i put in in the trash and tossed the wraper.because of that incident i will be more careful about doing my monthly deed in front of him. :)

Mom_since06
by on May. 5, 2010 at 9:59 PM

i seen that tyra show and yea i think its crazy to be naked in front of your child well i take baths occasionally with my 3 year old son but he doesent know what body parts are which yet as far as genitals and stuff

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on May. 5, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Quoting AshMomToShawn:

I don't see an issue with it unless they are making it sexual. A human body is a human body.  Personally my son is always stuck up my bum so yes he sees me get dressed or undressed or whatever. I don't see any issue with it but my mom walked around naked infront of me. I have no issues with the human body.  

Same here except my mom is the biggest prude.

missylou90
by on May. 5, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Quoting TK87:

Kids learn whatever their parents teach them.  The child wouldn't consider it gross if they grew up with their parents naked all the time, they'd be used to it.

I totaly agree. My parents are like that. It doesn't bug me at all...makes it easy when I forget my towel in my room or something...not a big deal to walk to my room naked although hubby is horrified about it. It really bugs him that my dad might catch a glimps of me like that. It's normal to me but everyone has a different normal.

CafeMom Tickers
mommy_raines
by on May. 5, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I dont walk around naked...i have a 3 yr old son and I walk around in my underwear and shirt in the mornings, especially when he wakes me up to go potty at 3am. I dont put pants. He comes in the bathroom when i am using it. He does occasonially see my boobs or whatever. My DH on the other hand will not go to the bathroom with our son in there, he wont let him see get dressed or anything. He thinks its creepy to allow our son to see, that is his opinon and i am not going to make him lol. I dont find it creepy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)