• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How awful!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM
  • 11 Replies

I feel so bad for my cousin. She is due to have her first baby any day now and has had a NIGHTMARE of a doctor.

She is SUPER skinny and VERY fit. And at first her doctor (a woman) told her she wasn't gaining enough weight, so at her next appointment a month later she had put on 7 lbs and the doctor told her she was putting on too much weight and she'd be fat. Everyone in my family who has seen her says she is ALL belly.

NOW they told her two weeks ago to start drinking castor oil. Then they told her that her baby is over 7 lbs and it has a big head so her baby will die if she doesn't have a c-section.

WHAT THE FUCK?? What kind of doctor says this shit to a first time mom? Yea, my cousin is tiny but I've seen smaller women give birth vaginally to 10 lb babies.

She has been trying to change doctor's before she gives birth but NO ONE will take her on as a patient because she is due so soon. So I guess what she's going to do is wait until she goes into labor and then NOT have the L&D page her doctor and just have the on-call doctor deliver her baby.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taytumedwards
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:46 AM

the morning i had my son i weighed 132 and he came out 9 lbs 11 oz she needs to switch drs before its too late. some drs are just lazy and dont want to wait on the baby and just go for a csection. also any dr to tell you to drink castor oil is just nuts in my book

LilGina
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:52 AM

wow sounds like a crazy doctor

AngelicaRenee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:53 AM

I agree. I wouldn't let that doctor anywhere near me.

Quoting taytumedwards:

the morning i had my son i weighed 132 and he came out 9 lbs 11 oz she needs to switch drs before its too late. some drs are just lazy and dont want to wait on the baby and just go for a csection. also any dr to tell you to drink castor oil is just nuts in my book

.stella.
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:54 AM

wth kinda quack RECOMMENDS castor oil to a 1st time mom 2 be? that's crazyyy! hope she finds a doc!!

MomNtheRes
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Wow, what a bitch! Yea, I would just labor at home as long as possible and then arrive at L&D and make sure that they do NOT page my Dr. And if she is there I would throw a FIT and make sure that woman didn't touch me. Best of luck to her! 

SaleenaC
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:56 AM

change that crazy bitch..poor girl

Princess00021
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:20 AM

Quoting taytumedwards:

ya cuz all it does is make you maybe have diarreah and it tastes terrible so you may lose valuable fluid from throwing up...lol

Miss_Mommy2808
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:04 AM
That is what I did because my doctor did the same thing and wouldn't listen when I told her that there was something wrong with my heart. So I waited till I was in real labor and had the doc on call deliever him. I an happy I did because he listened to me about what was going on with my heart and actually tried to do something about it and even then I still went into complete heart failure because after 7 months of strain and having my doctor not listen it finnally gave out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Are you sure her doctor hasa valid medicallicense--he sounds like a quack- (gosh that sounds like my mom,LOL).

Seriously what doctor says to drink castor oil to go ahead and deliver a baby because she will die if she waits any longer and the baby gets bigger-- rather than schedule a C-Section??????

BAMBAMmommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM

And the thing that scares me is they are telling her to get a c-section because her baby is over 7 lbs...the baby is NOT over 9 lbs or anything she is TINY. 7 lbs is AVERAGE for a newborn.

But my aunt, who is an emergency room RN, said that most doctors these days just want you in and out and a c-section is the fastest way (how that is I don't know because you have to stay in recovery LONGER than from a vag birth) not to mention most expensive way. It really is bullshit. And it scares me that 1) People like this are ALLOWED a medical license and 2) that they can take advantage of first time moms, and maybe even second and third time moms...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)