• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

finished high school?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:18 AM
  • 48 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you graduate high school?

Options:

yes

no

went to a adult high school and graduated

got my G.E.D.

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 126

View Results

i was watching the tyra show and she said that about 1/3 of teen moms dont so made me wonder i got my ged i wouldnt have been able to do school and be pregnant (high risk)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittnicole1106
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I graduated and actually walked at graduation 3 days after I delivered. I just graduated with my bachelor's degree a few weeks ago.

Kelseyciarah
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I got my GED before I even got pregnant. I got my GED the beginning of senior year, I just couldnt focus on school because I was too depressed after losing our first child, so I guess I still fit into the statistic because the reason I got my GED was mostly pregnancy/child related. And I have NEVER wanted to continue my education anyhow, so I didnt see the harm in not getting a standard high school diploma.

laciD
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I was married a few months after graduation and then became pregnant with my first son 5 month after that. Luckily I was able to finish my associate's degree before he was born.( I did a joint enrollment program my senior year so I received high school credits for taking classes at college.)

Extended breastfeeding (breast is best anyone that tells you differently is 100% wrong)... no formula for my little guys, Extended rear facing and harnessing.. If you are not rear facing to the MAX you are not doing everything you can to protect your child), homeschooling, mommy to 2 wonderful little boys!!!

stephaniemcree
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:29 AM

im starting college in the fall and im so excited but thats really great and so far most  of yall have or at least got something equivalent to it thatsgood to hear but it probably meant graduated hs or not not all the other stuff but even that so far is a lot better than what tyra said lol

armywife2009101
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I graduated.

Lennon_Molly
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I graduated before I got pregnant, but I just wanted to add that my cousin is graduating tomorrow at 27 weeks. I couldn't be any prouder of her. =)

LilGina
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I got my GED when I was 5 months pregnant

sanderswife001
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I graduated HS... I am disappointed in myself tho because I didn't go to any sort of college.  I AM however starting back in the fall.. I am SUPER nervous tho... its been 5 years since I have been in school!!!!

Court_Lee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I am still in HS lol. I grad next yr ! 

KaylenandRodney
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Nope Im a 9th grader ugh but i drive illegaly sometimes lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)