Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quit killing them.....

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

plants I mean. house plants. Do you have them? Are you able to keep them healthy? or do you go with silk?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I have 2 good-sized spider plants, and about 4 of their babies growing in the window. I've had very good success with those, as well as with pothos, but anything else is usually a goner in a short period of time. Apparently, most plants need more water than I typically remember to give them, lol. wink

GothicMommyToBe
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM
My grandma used to have aloe vera plants and just regular house plants. She used to just keep them by her windows and water them 3times a day. They ruined because of kids hahaha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilGina
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM

NOOOOOO My son brought one home for me from school for mothers day and it didn't last a week or two. I felt bad he was upset haha Also my hubby bought me an expensive like 45 dollar orchid and it died in like a week. lol

zava_t
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I started an herb garden. Apparently that was way over my ability. No more herb garden here. There's one planter in the window but it isn't growing anything. I did have a marigold that my son planted for me for mother's day last year. Kept it going and healthy for eleven months and then my husband knocked the planter out of the window, broke the pot and through my marigold away! I was so upset!

Krissy21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM

My mother is famous for killing her plants..LOL. I'm not really a flower/plant person so I don't own any.

aubergine
by on May. 27, 2010 at 11:09 AM

I have never been able to keep a house plant alive more than a few weeks. I don't know why, but I think it's easier to take care of babies than plants! At least they remind you when they need something...

I do like to get fresh-cut flowers once a week, though - but it can get expensive!

KCornett04
by on May. 27, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I have a black thumb so if there are flowers in the house they most likely are store bought and in a vase. The only silk ones I have are play flowers for dd.

lilmizzie27
by on May. 29, 2010 at 3:55 AM

I have an easter lily that I've somehow managed to keep alive for over a year :P

ATG499
by Wendy on May. 30, 2010 at 3:33 AM

I have two big spider plants. We've had one of them for about ten or twelve years, the other (it's "baby") for about six years. They're still very healthy.

lovemylittle1
by on May. 30, 2010 at 3:49 AM

I kill everything. Plants, flowers, catus everything. lol. I wish I was able to keep them alive, but if they enter my house, thy are gonners. haha.

I stick to NO plants. Not real, not fake. I like PICTURES of plants. haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)