Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pap today, have a question...please need answers

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

have you ever went to get a pap and the nurse told you that your cervix was red and needed it to be tested? today i went and thats what my nurse told me and now im worried, any opinions...

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AirForceWife14
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:53 PM
No but one time I had a papule and they had to pop it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbmm03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:14 PM

what is a papule?

cbmm03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM

also dont u think if i was infected i would know when i use a tampon maybe?? it would atleast hurt or something

5Shawty
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Cervical erosion

Definition

Cervical erosion is a partial or complete absence of the squamous epithelium (surface) of the cervix. The normal tissue on the surface of the cervix and/or around the os (mouth of the cervix), is replaced by inflamed tissue from within the cervical canal. This endocervical tissue is red and granular, so it gives the cervix a red, eroded, and infected appearance.

Alternative Names

Cervical ulceration

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/enc/cervical-erosion.html#ixzz0p0gCrlfz

Causes

Cervical erosion may be caused by trauma (through intercourse, tampon insertion, foreign objects in the vagina, or speculum insertion), or infection (herpes, early syphilis, tampons that were not removed, severe vaginal infections), and sometimes chemicals (spermaticidal contraceptive creams or foams, douches).

There is an increased risk associated with vaginal use of chemical agents or multiple sexual partners; however, the condition is seen in women without these risk factors.

Symptoms

Exams and Tests

Pelvic examination reveals an area on the cervix that looks raw, red, and inflamed.

• Pap smear may show atypical cells
  • Colposcopic examination reveals an area of raw, stripped, squamous epithelium
  • Cervical biopsy may be necessary

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/enc/cervical-erosion.html#ixzz0p0g7navL is a partial or complete absence of the squamous epithelium (surface) of the cervix. The normal tissue on the surface of the cervix and/or around the os (mouth of the cervix), is replaced by inflamed tissue from within the cervical canal. This endocervical tissue is red and granular, so it gives the cervix a red, eroded, and infected appearance.

cbmm03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM

thanks.i hate when articles say there are symptoms but than there arent ???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)