Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so did you hear...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:55 PM
  • 13 Replies
That there was another thing found in another ladies capri sun box..I just found it posted on FB...seriously what is going on and why haven't they recalled them yet!! Or have they and I didn't see it???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlexDakotasMom
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:41 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcelis
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:45 AM

I saw that! I was/am completely grossed out and I almost vomited upon seeing that. I haven't had a caprisun in YEARS but I had one last night at my MILs house...man do I regret that. My stomach is churning just thinking about it.

AlexDakotasMom
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:44 AM
My boys love them I have a brand new box from sams tht I just got and now I don't want to open them...I wonder if there going to recall them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aSoldierSWifE44
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:54 AM

the first one was mold. it was in no part the companies fault that why they did not recall. if the product is damage after it is sold to retail, they have no control over that. The product was leaking, due to no preservatives, mold grew.

The other finding, which I don't know if it was proven valid or not yet, was a mouse. Well, a decomposed, left over grossness. This package I read on the ladies blog had a 1-1.5in slit in it. I would assume the mouse would have had to come from the plant. I don't even know how far she took that though, or if she even mentioned it to the company, bc it did not say so in her personal blog entry I read. I did see the nasty photos though.

More then one case has to be theri fault for a recall, the product has to be a treat or danger. The mouse would be their fault, the mold would not. So, I guess we watch for more mice? Both packages were visibly damaged though so if you already have boxes, your probably safe unless you see damage and what not. We had some and I sliced the packs open and put them in cups before drinking, nothing.

AlexDakotasMom
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:03 AM
Yeah I wouldn't buy a package that is damaged like this you don't know what has got in...well thanks so much for the info I hadn't heard anything about what was happening and wasn't sure what to do..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:42 AM

ewe. 

lopez2388
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:44 AM

wats wrong with capri sun

KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2010 at 2:01 PM

It is probably mold too. They have no reason to issue a recall. They have explained themselves and are NOT liable in any way. The pouches we broken open, they grew mold, no one drank them and no MOLD has been found in sealed pouches! I will buy Capri Sun and drink them an so will my kids!

little.knickers
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 3:54 PM

It was disgusting....ughh but capri suns have their uses. So i wouldn't stop buying them. I dont use them often...as prefer healthier products, but i do like to keep some in.

Has there been an update? Do they know what it was? It just didn't look like mould!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)