• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Labor Experience...how was yours?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 28 Replies

I was reading another post about labor and was wandering what other womens experience was like.

As for mine......

I HATED every minute of it. My DS was due on Feb 17th had false labor on Feb 5th then went into real labor on Feb 17th while eating dinner at Outback with DH and SD. Kept getting funny pains but didnt want to say anything  bc i thought it was BH's contractions again. But after dinner we went home and they continued i tried to sleep but it didnt work so we ended up going to the hospital about 2am that morning...got there they hooked me up to the machines and all that fun stuff.... contractions werent that bad was only dilated 2cm so they made me walk and walk and walk Mom and MIL made we walk steps and everything i actually walked so much it seemed to stop contractions lol they almost sent me home about 5pm on the 18th i made it 5cm and had been a trooper thus far but at that  point i couldnt take the pain anymore.

they called the anest...however u spell it lol the epidural doctor haha in... they made all my family and DH leave and left the HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBLE nurse that i had in there. All the while this so called DOCTOR is poking me in my spine with a needle while im having contractions and crying like a  baby and the nurse telling me to stop crying and be still i could have slapped her. The doctor ended up sticking me 6 times before getting it in. So for a couple  hours i was okay...well afterthat i told my DH that the doctor had to have done something wrong bc only one side of my body was numb. Called the HORRIBLE nurse in there she told me it was nothing i was just feeling pressure.... NO not pressure they doctor screwed up... so after aboutan hour my DH went out there complaining and told them they better come do something.....so this HORRIBLE  nurse with her bad attitude comes in there and finally realizes i wasnt joking and calls the doctor back he pumped so much med through my epidural  that i could not even lift my legs myself.

My doctor then came in checked me and i was fully dilated she broke my water they got everything set up and  i started to push and when his head was out and you experince what they like to call the "ring of fire" i was screaming at my doctor to just pull him out. luckily i only pushed for 30 min and my DS was born at 12:25 am Feb 19th.

(just a cool fact about his birthday my birthday is 0129 and my sons is 0219 same numbers jsut middle ones switched i think that it is something really neat my DS and i share anyone else have that too?)

Labor was one of the worst experiences i have ever had and will never do it again. I am so thankful for my son and i love  him beyond words but labor really scarred me for life.

i know my experience may seem like a cake walk to others although  it was horrible to me which is why i would like to hear others experience.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
waynesgurl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM

well i had my son right after i turned 18. I had to have a completely natural labor because an epidural wont work on my body. they induced my labor a month and a half early and i was in labor from 8 in the morning to6 that afternoon. i was pushing for 4 and a half hours cause his shoulders were stuck but my labor was nothing but excrusiating pain and i never want to go through it again. my son was born july 7, 2009 and i love him to death and in the end though the labor and pain was really worth it. 

~waynesgurl 2010~

yuveria
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:55 AM

i had to have a scheduled c-section i was not very happy about it considering how young i am drs just wanna make money :P

2callmemom09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:16 AM
Just to let you know the first time may have been horrible, but the second will probably be better :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Well I had to be induced with my first son at 35 weeks. I labored 15 hours and dilated from 2cm-3cm. My doctor checked me and said I had scar tissue on my cervix so he tried to stretch my cervix open but he couldn't so he decided we would have to go to plan B pre-emergency(I say pre-emergency because he was worried it'd become an emergency.) c-section. He really didn't want to do a c-section on a 17 year old but there was no other option at that point.

I chose a c-section for my second birth as well.

collegexmamix28
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Well, I was 5cm dilated from the time I was 34 weeks until I was induced at 39 weeks.

I went into the hospital at about 10am, spoke with the doctor, they were running a bit behind. They started pitocin at 11:30am and real contractions started at about Noon. I did not have an epidural and I thought I was going to die from the pain of the contractions. However, I did not make a sound the entire time except once to ask God to make the pain go away lol. They checked me about about 2:10 and I was 8cm and they had my legs up all weird in an effort to get the back to flip over as she was going to come out "sunny side up" if she didn't. They checked me ten minutes later and I was completely dilated and ready to push. The nurse went to the let the doctor know and I had to push SOOOO bad and I was yelling for them to come back because I was scared to push on my own but I just needed to. By the time the doctor and the nurse came in I was pushing (my mom was the only one in the room) and before the doc could get down at the end to assist my daughter's head popped out and the doctor helped get her shoulders out, and then I started hemmorhaging badly, i did require a blood tranfusion at the end because they just could not get me to stop bleeding. When that was all taken care of i I was finally able to enjoy my beautiful little girl. 7lbs 11oz and 19inches long. I was in labor for a total of 2 hours and 41minutes.

ATG499
by Wendy on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:47 AM

I hated it. I was induced and my OB SUCKED! It's WAY too long of a story to go into, but I ended up getting poked with a needle at least 30 times and ended up with a C-Section. All because of the stupid ultrasound techs who didn't realize baby was in a bad position.

Any other babies I have will be born at home with a midwife.

graciepaige
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:50 AM
Haha lol that was my post you got it from lol. Went into labor 10 am jan. 8th had her 10:02 pm jan 9th. Labor was 36 hours was gunna have her natural but ended up having to get a csection she was 9 lbs 3oz and 21 1/2 in long
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystina888
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:13 AM

i had an epidural and it went veeeeery easily he was came out in 15minutes when i think about it i want one more cause it's so easy lol

alexsmomma06
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:16 PM

With DD #1 i was in labor for 27 hrs and pushed for 30 minutes. I hated my OB! He didn't say anything the entire time he was in the room.  I was only 19 and scared to death! The nurses were good and my sis and SO were with me, thank god!  With DD #2 i was in labour 14 hrs and pushed for 10 minutes with no episiotomy! I did have a epidural but it wore off on the left side of my body. Labour the 2nd time around was faster but A LOT more painful!!!  Plus I loved my OB with DD #2! He was wonderful!!!

lindseyjay347
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM

My first one wasn't so bad. The labor pains were terrible but had an easy delivery. The second (although some wouldnt' think it was a big deal) was very traumatic for me. It made me decide against having 4 kids. I decided two was enough

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)